Author Topic: Remember the Aion?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
I got bored tonight and was looking for something to do. Poking around I found the reworked Aion I'd done a while ago for DaBrain.

Here's the Aion-D. (D for Derivative.) I seperated the nose from the original and rotated it to a flatter position. The engines are the outer wing ones, sitting at the same angle but now they're four and closer together.

Have fun with it, and if DaBrain is still around, point him here. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"They were really only teeny little A-bombs, honest!" Dr. Charles Dart

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
heh I got sidetracked, but two other modelers from Trek boards remodeled the Aion also (at my request) bout 3 months ago. It seems to have become a very likeable fighter. :)

I'm liking what I see...  :nod:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
The model reminds me of the Arrow from Wing Commander.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

it reminds me of the Thunderbolt V
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
Here's a zip with my rebuild and couple of variations. The wingless Aion-D above would be more of a fast interceptor or armed scout. Not much place for weapons other than in the underbody slope near the middle.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Not to hijack but here are the 3 slight variants by Lord_Malak also. (I DL'ed them and then completely forgot about them. I was gonna retexture one of the versions I liked.)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
With so many variants of this ship, it must have been produced over a long period of time, and possibly under license by other companies. ;) Then there's that 'lightweight' version with the Aion nose on a completely different body.  :D