Author Topic: Table Mods.  (Read 1866 times)

I'd expected to see more table mods around here.

Seriously, I did. After I released my Realflight mod (Wich won't have another release 'till next summer... Educational reasons...) I read a post stating that many people would like Beyond the Red Line physics in FS2.

If so, why did nobody try and do such a thing?

To shy? Not enough insperation?

I have no idea.

So, I create a topic, wich says: Post your table mods here! All of them! Even if you think it sucks (That's what I thought when I put RealFlight online... Explains the "Zoidberg" beheaviour), just post it here! And discuss them!

And feel free to take one of the realflight tables and modify it, I won't complain.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Here's my Blank mod. It's similar to realflight, but IIRC makes things go a bit faster and there is no dampening. A tiny bit more than just a table mod, because it has half a demo mission and half of a optimized campaign.

Readme:
BLANK MOD V1
--------------------------------------
by Thesizzler

This modifacation's purpose is to enhance Freespace 2's enjoyment by adding
a new facet to gameplay. This mod increases speeds of almost all ships,
emphasises capitol ships by tripling their hitpoints (it's less than you think),
and to put more focus on missile use.

Version 1 includes the bare minimum: The changes in ships and weapons. In
addition to this, I added retrofited ships reflecting different situations of use.
For example, I made a missile cruiser version of the Aeouls that can more
effectivly combat enemy cruisers and freighters. I also included a bombarding
version of the Orion, a AAA version of the Orion, A boarding transport verision of
the Elysium, and a AAA version of the Fenris.

There are no completed missions in this file. This file includes a partially
optimized main campaign, test missions for the new ships, and a half of a mission.

DL courtesy of Swantz.
Blank Mod V.1

One day, I'll finish that mission and release V1.1. Then I'll finish optimizing the campaign, and release V1.2. Then I'll make a few more ships for V1.3. Maybe a few new missions, too.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Is there a document, or does someone know what the sideward velocites do? I sort of like table modding, even though it takes ages to do every single ship.....
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Wiki, FTW!

Wiki is the end-all resource for modding.

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
the wiki is like the rosetta stone of FS modding.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Is there a document, or does someone know what the sideward velocites do? I sort of like table modding, even though it takes ages to do every single ship.....

wanna help me :drevil:

im having table trouble with <insert mod name here due to the fact that the only one i can come up with is a loser one>
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
You want me to come up with a name for your mod? Or to help you with tables?
His legacy will last until the beginning.

So, I create a topic, wich says: Post your table mods here!
So I post a table mod:
The huge blobs look better with a small shockwave (non-damaging, so it could be used as a standard blob for those who like fireworks):
Code: [Select]
$Name:                                 Terran Huge Turret#shockwave
@Laser Bitmap:                  laserglow03
@Laser Glow:    2_laserglow03
@Laser Color:    20, 150, 20
@Laser Color2:    20, 150, 20
@Laser Length:       20.0
@Laser Head Radius:  6.40
@Laser Tail Radius:  2.60
$Mass:                                  0.4
$Velocity:                              175.0                           ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait:                             3.0                     ;; in seconds
$Damage:                                        100
$Blast Force: 5.0
$Inner Radius: 0.0                                      ;; radius at which damage is full (0 for impact only)
$Outer Radius: 50.0                                     ;; max radius for attenuated damage
$Shockwave Speed: 100.0                                     ;; velocity of shockwave.  0 for none.
$Armor Factor:                  1.25
$Shield Factor:                 0.5
$Subsystem Factor:              0.75
$Lifetime:                              12.0
$Energy Consumed:               0.30                            ;; Energy used when fired
$Cargo Size:                    0.0                             ;; Amount of space taken up in weapon cargo
$Homing:                                        NO
$LaunchSnd:                             111                                     ;; The sound it makes when fired
$ImpactSnd:                             85                                      ;; The sound it makes when it hits something
$Flags:                                 ("Big Ship")
$Icon:                                  icongun03
$Anim:                                  LoadGun02
$Impact Explosion:      none
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.