Author Topic: 2 Questions (Turrets n Weapons)  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: 2 Questions (Turrets n Weapons)
use the satyr and press 2. you get a slightly bigger screen :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
This is somewhat unrelated, but could it be done so that after you die you can entertain yourself by taking over a turret on a nearby friendly warship?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
IDK retsof. Atm though my main priority is getting beams to work on turrets on player ships...even enemy AI fighters and bombers cannot use the test bed fighter beam...except when installed in their gun slots.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
It'd be nice to get this to work....got my energy missiles idea working...just need to refine it. Of which needs to be tweaked cause the RoF tends to fill the screen with multicolored, interceptable enemy weapons....and if I'm testing the weapon from my ship...i might only see 2 of the 6 shots render..........beams in the fighter turrets will help with this I think.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmmm... Make sure have given orders to attack something for the wing that you are part of.

As for energy missiles.. there are several ways of doing those. One quite obvious is to make an invisible model and place a glowpoint into the model. Another way would be to make a 3d model to function as a projection for the model and then use transparent textures combined with certain table options, like '$Transparent:' in weapons.tbl etc.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light