Author Topic: SI Hara with turrets?  (Read 5300 times)

Offline starlord

Re: SI Hara with turrets?
Well, if it's only this, I recon you can speed up the minor explosion timing, like that vasudan cruiser supposed to ram the bastion in FS1 (or was it the galatea?).

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
And the Hara is a civvy installation (or as civvy as you get with Shivans), and is meant to be guarded and/or rear-lines.

Just say I've got different things in mind for it

Differant things...? Is this going to be for TotT?

Offline starlord

What's TotT?

Teeth of the Tiger, a mod-in-progress that includes a 4th race. look for it's subforum on the fsmods forums.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How big is this thing, anyway?
38671*34635*42820

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Such sizes makes ships behave strange. Usually when they're trying to broadside each other they're shaking like crazy. So it's more like a baseball bat now- 20+km ship trying to hit a 20m ship at a very high speed. And you can't do anything about it.

Also, I had the proto-Gigas and InfR1-Gigas fighting each other. Who won ? Noone. Because after the normal Gigas blew up the proto-Gigas, they still kept firing onto each other while having dozens of explosions. And while the debris was drifting apart, the game hasn't yet considered the ship dead, so the already-dead-proto-Gigas kept firing beam cannons and etc. out of NOTHING in empty space. It blew up the other Gigas too.

Yea... Inferno broke the record of 'Weird Ship Behavior in FS2'.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Which is why we don't use ai-chase. :rolleyes:

Offline starlord

My my, that's interesting: and appearantly there's also a bosch theory. I couldn't have dreamt for more.

I hope I'll see the hara destroyed in there (along with the shivans, once and for all!!!). ;7

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
That's the one outstanding issue in R1. The retardedly long explosion times.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It depends on ship size. he bigger it is- the more explosions it has.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
And the Hara is a civvy installation (or as civvy as you get with Shivans), and is meant to be guarded and/or rear-lines.

No....
it is gonna be in "7 days" and in "Workings of the Warp"
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles

No....
it is gonna be in "7 days" and in "Workings of the Warp"

To hell with it... Time to make a high poly Hara... :P

Offline 0rph3u5

Back On Topic(tm) please

all I need is turret for sufficient cover of the upper part of the station with LR Flaks and LReds

EDIT: cannot do that with SSGs for the following reason:
Spoiler:
It would kill the 100 objects limit for the mission
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 11:35:37 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No. Kilometers. Of course meters! What else it can be?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Such sizes makes ships behave strange. Usually when they're trying to broadside each other they're shaking like crazy. So it's more like a baseball bat now- 20+km ship trying to hit a 20m ship at a very high speed. And you can't do anything about it.

Also, I had the proto-Gigas and InfR1-Gigas fighting each other. Who won ? Noone. Because after the normal Gigas blew up the proto-Gigas, they still kept firing onto each other while having dozens of explosions. And while the debris was drifting apart, the game hasn't yet considered the ship dead, so the already-dead-proto-Gigas kept firing beam cannons and etc. out of NOTHING in empty space. It blew up the other Gigas too.

Yea... Inferno broke the record of 'Weird Ship Behavior in FS2'.

Meh, for you...that's only a test.

A true FREDder would deactivate the beams of the loser ship with a proper event... :rolleyes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And we wouldn't be so stupid to make things use ai-chase. Even destroyers look dumb using ai-chase (when they get hit by beams they wobble like jelly).

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Whatever. It was just a test of the proto gigas, which apart from the textures, looks kinda good.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
No. Kilometers. Of course meters! What else it can be?

Rocco Siffredi's Horses. :lol:

And we wouldn't be so stupid to make things use ai-chase. Even destroyers look dumb using ai-chase (when they get hit by beams they wobble like jelly).

They should be immobile or following a proper path. Ai-chase is stupid in most case, except for certain cruisers in certain situations...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

Back On Topic(tm) please
!!!

so I guess there is no SI Hara with turrets.... hmmm....

==================