Author Topic: Knossos Parts  (Read 2916 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Did anyone ever think of makeing each of the 8 pieces of the gate to be placeable as single parts? Just like the "sathanas debris"-thing in retail FS2...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
S'easy enough to do. . .*shrug*

Use pcs and clip it in truespace or save the debris as a new Pof.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I already thought of such a thing for a Super gate designed around a knossus. :P easy to transport, unlike bases with it built in.  Just pull off each piece and warp to it's new location. Anch, just put a docking point on each so a freighter could move it. have it warp out where the gate will be and make sure there is no warp effect. I have almost done it a few times too. :P
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Did anyone ever think of makeing each of the 8 pieces of the gate to be placeable as single parts? Just like the "sathanas debris"-thing in retail FS2...
That would be kinda cool.
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

thanks! It would be a simple taking a piece away and adding a docking point to it and having a frighter carry it underneath. The mod I got the idea for (I have a convertion thread up as I use milkshape. :P and can't convert to cob. D:) will most likely have side campaigns where you play a deeper role of one corperation in the main campaign of the mod (details are linked in the thread) and rival corperations have their own super gate projects. A rival corperation (claimed by my brother, sacridshadow) manages to build one into Capella and are alligned with the Shivans, but can't be completly destroyed when the Shivans turn on them, due to the fact they have a juggernaught 3 times the size of the Collossus!) and my corperation (main corperation in the campaign) have a super gate that can open a subspace link to any system and can easily be disassembled and moved to a more secure location. ^ ^ the Mirfak (sacrid's) gate is featured in the main campaign while mine (includes the revolving knossus and is a simple turreted 4 corner panels that channel the energy into the nodde) will be in the expansion using the "top secret testing" plot I have.

Ok, sorry for my rant, but I intended just showing how it could be used. Any mods that read this and don't like it being here, I am willing to remove it. Just don't hurt me! *whimpers* (XD)

Offline 0rph3u5

S'easy enough to do. . .*shrug*

Use pcs and clip it in truespace or save the debris as a new Pof.

Dekker is right it is fairly easy since the parts are seperate subobjects in the debris-"LOD" of the Knossos (I just checked) --- I cannot do that on my own (short on time -- the usual RL stuff)

Any takers?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

well, will it require converting? (probably) I am trying to get a good converter program for my birthday (Nov 25) and hopefully I will get it and be able to convert it for ya into ms3d, edit it, and convert it from 3ds back into cob>pof, and finish it. :P

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Nope, you justr save the sub object as a pof from PCS2. ;) it should retain all texture info etc. You could even add a dockpoint to it beforehand.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

hmmm... ok, that should be rather simple then. :P I'll see what I can do! (on the weekend though... :P)

Offline 0rph3u5

I hate to do this but... but well....

Any progress or any anything yet?

==================

nope. :/ still waiting till the 25th to see if I ket a converter for my birthday. :P

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I don't have access to my converting computer ATM but if someone could convert the Knossos to DAE using Spicious's PCS2 build (no helpers), I could probably get the parts separated, and maybe even make some debris for them :nervous:

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
nope. :/ still waiting till the 25th to see if I ket a converter for my birthday. :P

Woah, we have the same birthday?  O_o

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
... Why am I running into more and more people with the same birthday as me? -.- BTW, sacridshadow does to. :/ bros. :P Figure out the rest. and don't start with the "WOAH!". it's annoying. D: I have easily gotten it a thousand times in my life. D: Well, enough spoilers for you. XD

I was also born on thanksgiving, though. Beat THAT!  :p

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Chernobyl went up on my birthday  ;7
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline 0rph3u5

*looks around to find a moderator*

Someone split the the last post from this thread please
(No offense meant, but you can all exchange yourselves about birthdates somewhere else)

==================

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Any joy with the Knossos parts yet?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Water

2 Cobs - both with lods+debris (retail debris)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
There ya go varsaigen,  you should be able to use these thanks to Water :yes:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

awesome! Thanks! =D