Author Topic: SF Advocatus (Chimera derivate) problems  (Read 2029 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
SF Advocatus (Chimera derivate) problems
I've modified the SF Chimera usage in my mods and hit problems with current modification;

1) I've added the shivan gattling from a Nukemod-release to model to represent a new primary array - but I cannot modify the bounding box and so I cannot place the cannon the way you can see it in the screenshot below

2) I need a way to texture that array - currently it uses the chimeras maps...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 02:36:08 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: SF Avocatus (Chimera derivate) problems
Please repost your screenshot.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline 0rph3u5

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

26,6 KB used to be small
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
http://s22.photobucket.com

you can make an album just for wips if you desire...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline 0rph3u5

here we go... straigh from the WotW-page

EDIT:
That is how it supposed to look and how PSC2 won't let me save it; you clearly see the problems with the textures
the saveable version have those three additional arms further back where they look totally silly

EDIT2:
For those who are curious - the WotW-tech description:
Spoiler:
The SF Advocatus is second shivan fighter the GTVA has encountered which uses the beam-technology for its primary weapons. Unlike the Familiar Interceptor the Advocate - despite its small profile - has prooven to be a good heavy fighter which can destroy all allied cruiser-types in a matter of minutes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:16:33 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Is... that even an appropriate texture for that model? The UV mapping looks messed up.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Should it be Advocatus (lawyer, lol) instead of Avocatus?

Reminds me of JAD with the lawsuit threats...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline 0rph3u5

Is... that even an appropriate texture for that model? The UV mapping looks messed up.

that's not the original - this new one was made by freespaceking (LINK TO FSMODS.NET) - but the mapping is fine except for the three arms on the front

Should it be Advocatus (lawyer, lol) instead of Avocatus?

that's only the threat topic --
In the tables and the like it is ADVOCATE

==================

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: SF Advocatus (Chimera derivate) problems
Then why is the topic title different? :wtf:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================