Author Topic: Support Request Denied 'cause model-failure  (Read 2573 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Support Request Denied 'cause model-failure
I encountered a problem with the GVF Heset (here Mu 1) - for some reason the game keeps on crashing when I use that fighter and call a support ship

this message pops up:

Code: [Select]
Error: ai_find_path tring to find a path (1) that doesn't exist, on ship Mu 1
File: aicode.cpp
Line: 3906

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 0057e264()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 006195b7()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00af71b0()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00af7c8c()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acc480()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00accc10()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acd294()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acd6ec()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acdb44()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acdf9c()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00ace3f4()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00ace84c()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00aceca4()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acf0fc()
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081207_r4985.exe 00acf554()
------------------------------------------------------------------

the model has a rearm dock with two docking points and a path with 3 vertexes...
what the hell is wrong with it?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: Support Request Denied 'cause model-failure
I checked this and believe there were some errors in the path. I redid the paths on my example and here is the file. Note, I did not check this change yet, but I believe this will work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gummmwmognj/vfighter01.zip

Let me know. :)
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline 0rph3u5

same error....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

I'm gonna check this out and see if it works for me. Stay tuned. :)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
debug build
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

OK! I deleted the paths for this model and made a new one. I still get the same error message regardless. So I fired up the debugger and after a lengthly going through the errors, I was able to play a simple mission against one Shivan. I fired two missiles and destroying it. I then called in for a reload and as soon as the support ship showed up and started to head for Alpha 1. the game went POOF.

The debug spew is way past the 5000 maximum word limit so tell me what should be posted?
I dunno what's causing this as I have made paths for other .pof models and this one was done the same way. I cant mess with this much more as I'm quite busy with other stuff now. But if it's a simple fix, then I just may help. Hope this helps in some way.  :yes:

Should this be moved to the open support forum?

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
It's a custom model, so I'd advise against it..

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
"a lengthly going through the errors"

fix
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

"a lengthly going through the errors"

fix

...Errors that I believe have nothing to do with the model that is having trouble.

Most are associated with testing TotT stuff which is a WEP. So it's gonna have some issues. I even played this on a clean version (But no debug version) and still get the same error.

Offline 0rph3u5

It's a custom model, so I'd advise against it..

nocando

debug build

nothing more than the bug message above (well nothing related to that model - apart from "has null moment of interia"1)

ps. I back to my version...

1 - fixed
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:42:51 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
The only thing that looks remotely wrong to me is that there are 3 path verts rather than the standard 4, and the second dockpoint is way too close to the first - typically the gap is larger (about 1.0).

Neither of these issues should kill it like that though. All the path data and links between path and dock are in place. :\

Are you certain this is the model being used? There's not a separate faulty one floating around somewhere else or something?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline 0rph3u5

Neither of these issues should kill it like that though. All the path data and links between path and dock are in place. :\

But it is that path which killed it

I just added a 4th vertex and used PCS2 feature "Auto-Generate Path" on it - it is working now (apart from the fact that there 6 paths all over the place now; but I can fix that)

==================

I knew I should have used that Auto-generate thingy! I selected it once, but it gave me a warning message saying it was not good at calculating the path. Well now that you did ands it works OK, I'll give it a spin myself. :)

Glas this can get resolved. :)