Author Topic: 2 Q's  (Read 1752 times)

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
1). Is the V-T War a part of the Great War?

2). Do you guys know a way to make a story that covers a 74 jear period? (2 Pilots or something ,but how...?)

Thx!
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
1) It preluded (was before) the Great War. Anything 'Great War' is to do with Shivans
2) Stasis pods? Subspace time-travel? Two parter where son follows in father footsteps?
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
1: nope, Great War "officially" started when the Shivans attacked the Plato (first encounter that went into official records) and ended with the destruction of the Lucifer
2: make several mini-campaigns consisting of only 3 or 4 missions each, leaving gaps of a decade or two between each one

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Ooooh! Campaign idea:

You're Mr Pilot. You go on some missions for a corporation called Evil-Guys Inc. You slowly begin to uncover (through a series of covert delivery missions) a corporate conspiracy where the corp is plotting with some sinister people to conquer the universe somehow. The episode end with you jumping in to be greeted by a several wings of fighters and a cruiser. End-mission tags trigger an end before the battle ensues. Ep2 Sees the you are Mr Pilot's son trying to find out what happened to his dad and ending up taking down a DeathStar like warship to save the universe.

Tada. Fun.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Hmmm sounds like the Descent series come to Freespace 2 :D
quote "No brain, no pain" :wakka:
quote "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"  :nervous:
quote "The harder you try, the dumber you look" :doh:
quote "Dogs are basically good and cats are evil, so people are stupid" " I don't follow your logic" "My theory would suggest so" :bump:

Offline TheCelestialOne

Already changed the plot... Not going to change it...can't...won't...will not do...it...
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Give in to your the dark side...;7
-C

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
It's not dark.  It's just differently light. ;7
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Kazashi

I suppose that if you wanted to, you could extend a campaign by having the pilot subject to acceleration to a high percentage of the speed of light (I don't know how you'd do this, some story about being flung away by a Knossos portal or secret Shivan device or GTI experiment). That way, relatavistic distortion would come into account, and when the pilot comes to a stop (enters a stars gravitational influence and is slowed down and dragged into a spiralling orbit, rescued by a pursuing ship etc.) he'd find that the universe around him has advanced at a greater rate.

Just an idea to throw around I guess.
Blatant advertising #1: Keep the Blood flowing!

Blatant advertising #2: Visit TheDDRZone now!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The year is 2367 and the GTVA launches the last of it's deep space probes. In a freak mishap Ranger 3 and its pilot Captain William 'Alpha One' Rogers are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life support systems and returns Alpha One 500 years later."

No points for guessing the reference (it's far to obvious :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Alpha 1 could be part of an elite unit who opted to be put in stasis until needed for missions thus dramatically decreasing their ageing process.

Or you're just flying along through Deneb and then BAM! You're decades in the future in the middle of an apocalyptic, 2 month long battle between some heavily damaged GTA ships and a Shivan armada. The GTVA failed 20 years before and the Terrans and Vasudans entered another war where the Vasudans were wiped out. And now it's up to you to single handedly train the conscripts (after all the good pilots had been wiped out) before the front-line forces collapse and lead the assault against the Shivan forces.

Offline TheCelestialOne

Why does he need to go in stasis? Alpha one respawns anyway!

Just kidding... Thanks for all the ideas guys! I've copied them into a txt file so I'll be able to use them (if i have to).

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by karajorma
The year is 2367 and the GTVA launches the last of it's deep space probes. In a freak mishap Ranger 3 and its pilot Captain William 'Alpha One' Rogers are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life support systems and returns Alpha One 500 years later."

No points for guessing the reference (it's far to obvious :)

I remember when this show aired the first time. :D I'm so old. I'd like to see the terren fighters from this show in Freespace. ;)
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]