Author Topic: [WIP] GVC Montu  (Read 17126 times)

Jesus christ this is just a fantastically great looking model. I love the level of detail that makes it look rugged and combat-ready while completely emphasizing everything that makes a Vasudan ship Vasudan. I'd love to put these things to use in a mission!

Those cannon turrets and beam emitters are also fantastic. And is that thing on the lower front a fusion mortar turret?

Seeing you popping up lately, I was thinking about bring that ship up.

Glad to see it hasn't been forgotten :)

It is gorgeously Vasudan and well made. First time I've seen a fully textured model on P3D. One oddity, and this may be something I did that caused it on my end, it doesn't seem to be rotating around its center in P3D for some reason.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

It is gorgeously Vasudan and well made. First time I've seen a fully textured model on P3D. One oddity, and this may be something I did that caused it on my end, it doesn't seem to be rotating around its center in P3D for some reason.

P3D lets you set the local origin by right clicking (once), I believe. The menu on the side shows you the other controls -- it's actually really flexible! So you may have just clicked on it as it was loaded and set the view origin elsewhere.

But I reloaded the page and it still did it. Unless there's a cookie that remembers that, it should have reset the local origin.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Thanks for the comments!
Those cannon turrets and beam emitters are also fantastic. And is that thing on the lower front a fusion mortar turret?
Yus, it is also could double for a beam turret. Or maybe a torpedo launcher.
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

I'm glad to see this model being worked on, I've seen it in your p3d a few times and was wondering how come it wasn't released yet. Looking forward to see it completed!

Thanks for the comments!
Yus, it is also could double for a beam turret. Or maybe a torpedo launcher.

What I like about designs like these is that I could make multiple types or versions of the ship this way, with different loadouts and/or resizing the model. One could have the fusion mortar, the other a beam turret, or torpedo launcher and so on.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Another update!

Been working on the shading of the panels and switching around on markings and general colours of the main armour panels.
Normal mapping is about 80% done mostly detailing left on the areas between stuff..
And then theres adding some wear and tear to the red markings, adding some more vasudan swearwords and rude suggestions to someones behind.   :D

My models page:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Waaaaaaaaaaant
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Nice. Bookmarked for later reference.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
What about the PBR assets and heightmap textures?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
What about the PBR assets and heightmap textures?

What about them :? P3d does not have proper PBR support to my knowledge, regardless that will be solved during the conversion stage.
My models page:

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That goes for the same as heightmaps.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Gotta give you kudos for this Oddgrim it's looking excellent :yes:. I quite like how the design feels unique compared to other Vasudan ships, yet at the same time when you look at it you can see parts that remind you of the others enough for them to go together (the front prongs reminds me of the Aten, hull scales of the Mentu, greens of the Nephthys etc). Nice one!
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Gimmeeee :yes: !
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Totally sold on this one, great work! The color scheme is probably my favorite part. :yes: