Author Topic: GTCa Hera  (Read 29343 times)

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
The oblong low-poly shapes look kind of dated. I mostly see circles or something more complex in recent models - if you don't like circles, check out Hades's Leviathan and Orion.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It was removed in current version for development purposes. Don't worry, the bridge will be included in final version, when Hornet finish symetrical part of the model.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

The oblong low-poly shapes look kind of dated. I mostly see circles or something more complex in recent models - if you don't like circles, check out Hades's Leviathan and Orion.

Don't worry the thrusters will get more details in time. I'm just checking the placement for them :)

Talking again about internal space management: you have a pretty large landing deck. Considering that the engineering is going to occupy all the space behind the deck, and crew quarters may be placed under it, where are you planning to store the fighters? Since it's a carrier there should be planty of them...

http://p3d.in/qpQj2 I changed my mind about the engines

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Very "Homeworld"-esque. :nod:

If you want a suggestion, maybe you could consider adding a hole at the 'top' that goes into the hangar? It looks quite bland there.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I like it, more details inside the fighterbay and a door would be welcome. :)

Also, what kind of turrets are you going to add? And what about smaller, side bays for escape pods and small craft?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Update. I would like to present you a concept of a symmetric bridge.
I still cannot decide to make it this way or like on Nimitz class carrier for example. On the right side of the deck.

Asymmetry is good. Do it Nimitz-style.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Symetry is fine too. Do it this style. :)

You can do a symmetric base structure and an asymmetric bridge or asymmetric radar and antennas arrays...

http://p3d.in/qpQj2   I decided to make the Nimitz style bridge, but first I must finish the symmetric parts ;)
Now I started making the detail on the bottom. Several armour plates and the fuel hatch

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hmm, now that I look at it, don't you think it looks more interesting without a bridge? A tall tower is fine, but it's lack brings to mind Japanese carriers of WWII, something seen much less than American ones. Also, it makes the carrier look much more compact. If you have to make the tower, make it short and not too pronounced.

http://p3d.in/qpQj2

The simplest solutions are always the best ones. Here comes the bridge. Entire ship is rather flat, so I decided to keep it that way. High tower was breaking that good flat line of entire carrier. I've also added some details on the secondary flight deck.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Why a second hangar? It looks very vulnerable with how thin the space between the roof of that hangar and the bridge.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey, cool, it's like a carrier Diomedes. I can see the tiny little hangar being used for marine or pod operations.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I prefer it upside-down.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I corrected the position of the hangar door. Now the bridge is not directly above the door.

Double post. Hm... nevermind.

All exams  at uni passed so now I can get back to more pleasant things like social life and of course Hera.
http://p3d.in/qpQj2 
I prepared a place for 4 beam cannons (but not the beams themselves)  and a couple of other details on the hull.

#Edit
Main anti capital beams are done.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:23:15 am by Col.Hornet »

"Safety first"  :D Now the crew can evacuate much faster thanks to the Hermes launching tubes system