Author Topic: Multiple POFCS problems  (Read 1615 times)

Multiple POFCS problems
I'm by no means a 3D modeler; please forgive me if this should be obvious or if I mess up jargon. I need to chuck some models through POFCS, and am having two main problems and some smaller problems.

The biggest one by far is how hard a lot of the edges end up. This is especially a problem for one particular model, which is supposed to be organic. The wiki mentions an auto-facet build of POFCS, but the download link is down.

An almost-as-large issue is that I can't get glowpoints to save. I'll define them in POFCS, set them up in what looks like the right way, then see them neither in-game nor in subsequent loads of the model in POFCS.

A third issue would be very bad except that it stopped happening for some reason. A few times, POFCS has decided that it doesn't like opening a given POF file. As long as I have the model already open, I can modify and save it, but if I close POFCS I can't re-open that model and would need to start over. It suddenly stopped happening after a few days, but I'd like to know what caused it, if nothing else because there's no guarantee that it won't come back... (Cue horror movie music.)

Help me get this stupid technical thingy solved so I can move on with this campaign, yeah? (Why did I let myself convince myself modding things wasn't going to be annoying?)

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Re: Multiple POFCS problems
The biggest one by far is how hard a lot of the edges end up. This is especially a problem for one particular model, which is supposed to be organic.

Well, that's a problem with the model, and without further details one can only make guesses. Maybe the modelling app it was exported from didn't export those things correctly for whatever reason, or they might have gotten lost when converting the model from one format to another at an earlier point, or something similar.

Hey, that was exactly it! I'm not sure where exactly, but my smoothing got eaten between one conversion and another. I was able to fix up the .dae in Blender and all was good.

Any idea about the other issue?

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Any idea about the other issue?

None. It's always worked for me.

Maybe you're using some old buggy PCS2 build, who knows. The one I use is the latest one from here.

And yup, it's all good now. Thank you kind sir! I'd email you a cookie were that possible.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It is indeed possible.  Just find where your browser stores its cookies, insert them into your e-mail as an attachment, and... what?... :warp: