Author Topic: Federation Dauntless Cruiser  (Read 1663 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Federation Dauntless Cruiser
I have now added the Dauntless class cruiser to my Federation fleet. I have kept it in the same design level with the Endurance and Endeavour frigates, as i like a bit of uniformity with my fleet and it looks like they were built by the same manufacturer.  Just need to do a couple of more things to the Pof. Then i will be going on to the Destroyer for my fleet :)

and heres a Fed fleet shot of all the ships i have made so far for it, as you can see i have given the Typhon i slight redo in textures
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Re: Federation Dauntless Cruiser
 I like this fleet :yes:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yeah, those ships are really nice. The only thing I don't like is that they use UEF turrets, which IMO don't fit the design at all (especially their textures). Using the "new" Steve-O's turrets exclusively would've produced a better effect. Returreting the ships in the following way might help:

Large dual turret - Large quad turret from Vexor.
Large single turret - Large dual turret from Hyperion.
Triple flak turret - New triple flak from Vexor.
Dual AA turret - New AA turret from Vexor.
Halberd forward gun - Forward plasma from Hyperion.
Tython forward launcher - Forward launcher from Hyperion.

Dunno about VLSes and button turrets, but the latter could be replaced with dual AAs (MP turrets on angled surfaces had been possible for quite some time). The former could use a reskin at least (new, custom model would be best). I'd throw in some AA missile launchers as well. UEF turrets clash with the rest of textures.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Cheers, i have heard of these new turrets  by steve-o but never seem them, do you have a download  link, i am planning to remodel the typhon and give it better textures
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s4vtv6m6210i4z4/FCNCapitals.7z
Here is a link to the new Vexor that Steve-O posted in his thread. It should contain the latest released examples of his turrets. They're now combined into a single map, which is nice. Plasma cannons and dual anti-ship mass drivers are available from Karuna Mk.2 from BP (it's a pretty much unaltered Hyperion).

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
So you don't think its otherwise. I love your ships, and the speed you're producing them with! Totaly going to use some of them in the near future.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--