Author Topic: [WIP] SJ Amritaya  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Now my SC Raguel is finished and released to the public (along with the PBR assets, normal maps, height maps and a shielded model), Betrayal and I are now working on the SJ Amritaya, from the 2011 Inferno model dump by Woomeister.

Note there's a negative space in the tail, and an enlarged Raguel engine at the front dorsal engine.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
No, no, no, no...

NO!

Don't use subdivide smooth on the whole model. Make every part the way I modelled Raguel. I mean make each part of the ship separately, and than merge them!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

that engine's ventral, not dorsal
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
It's just an early WIP, and it does not represent the final product.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Betrayal's right! Overuse of smoothing is always bad.
Other than that, the shape looks good, though the lower front spike looks too flimsy to have such a big engine on. Either make the spike sturdier or take out that engine.

I also agree with the comment about the lower spike thingy.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Don't expect it soon, guys. Despite the fact I agreed on another collab, I don't have time for this. Amritaya is not critical for any of my projects. I guess I will make base mesh just like in case of Raguel, and leave detailing for Bryan... But I don't know when.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

You seem to be involved in alot of collab's lately.