Author Topic: $Submodel Rotation Speed & $Submodel Rotation Acceleration Not Working?  (Read 1286 times)

$Submodel Rotation Speed & $Submodel Rotation Acceleration Not Working?
One of the features I want to include in my mod is an anti-capital weapon that has a short 'spool up' time before firing. It's mostly intended as a countermeasure against players using the ludicrously powerful weapon against fighters and bombers.

The issue is, $Submodel Rotation Speed and $Submodel Rotation Acceleration appear to do nothing.

The Blue Planet team managed to successfully do this with the Gattler. I tried copying the Gattler's table entry into my own .tbl, then modifying stuff to match the prior weapon, but it still doesn't work. According to the wiki, an external submodel that rotates should not be necessary to get the weapon 'charge up' delay working.

Is there some other piece of code I am missing?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:26:09 pm by Erebus Alpha »
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383