Author Topic: 2 new ships  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
My newest model for the GTB Akira (RSB Akira in my campaign, and the description), 408 polys.

The Akira is a next-generation heavy bomber, developed by Neutek Inc. under contract from the Rim Systems Alliance. It was designed to carry as much payload as possible, no matter how that effected the movement. With new Neutek IM-77 engines, powered by the NT Mark II fusion reactor, it can reach the top speed of 60 m/s, but its weak manouvering thrusters give it a very large turn time. It is strictly a capship-only bomber, and even though the two rear-facing turrets give it considerable protection, it will easily be shot down by manouverable fighters. It is recommended to have at least one wing of fighters covering any wing of Akiras.

The second model is an unnamed small Sol cruiser (310 polys), with only 4 turrets, but it's two HPC:s give this fast little beast firepower to take down most cruisers and even corvettes when used in packs.

[This message has been edited by Jabu (edited 07-17-2001).]

Well i like them Jabu, very nice  

------------------
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
thx White  

*cough* I need some comments on them, so I know wheter to finish them or not */cough*

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Sheesh, is everyone here blind of just lazy? Or perhaps you all hate me?  

Sol's latest destroyer, 305 polys. It'll have loads of turrets, mostly rotating (thus the large flat bit). Fighterbay is at the front, you can barely see it.

(And I lightened the textures on the Akira)

[This message has been edited by Jabu (edited 07-18-2001).]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well... I highly doubt Sol's ships would look like that, but it is good modelling. I personally think, that the cruisers of Sol would look like Leviathans, and the destroyers, would be as big and ugly as orions... Just because of the lack of 'Zog influence...

(It is 'Zog, isn't it?)

[This message has been edited by Raa Tor'h (edited 07-18-2001).]
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Whatever, I can come up with a dozen excuses  

And that destroyer is Big and Ugly. Well, at least it's very long  

I think they're really great. You are one of the top modders Jabu! I only hope that the texture on the first ship (the bomber) was not it's final skin. I would think the bomber would have the same sorta skin as the Ursa. That light Strike cruiser looks great. You should make it really fast to use it as a quick strike ship or something, you know what I mean?

What kind of weapons will these Sol ships have?
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Jabu:
Sheesh, is everyone here blind of just lazy? Or perhaps you all hate me?    

Why does everyone automatically think that if they don't get replies, people hate them?  

On the topic of the bomber, I have to say it looks more like a capship than a bomber.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
No, the texturing probably won't be final. And that small cruiser is a strike ship, only to be used in an all-out attack in great numbers. Oh, and I'm changing the two HPC's to 2 MPC's, otherwise it's too powerful (as I upgraded the HPC).

I've been meaning to explain some of the Galactic Sol Confederacy's weaponry.

HPC, MPC and SPC. Heavy, Medium and Small Pulse Cannons. The heavy pulse cannon is very poweful, but fires quite slowly, and is really only used in destroyers and in corvettes as a main weapon. The medium pulse cannon is much less powerful, but fires slightly faster and is the standard anti-cap pulse (the smallest with the 'Huge' tag). The SPC is a weak pulse cannon, fires fast, and is a primary anti-fighter weapon.

Rail cannons. Heavy rail cannons and regular rail cannons. The destroyer portrayed above has two heavies, forward firing, on the smaller platforms on both sides of the top bit. They are very powerful weapons, essentially useless against shields as they are a kinetic-only weapon. The heavy rail guns fire veeeery slow, but pack a SERIOUS punch. The regulars fire just as slow, but can be mounted on smaller ships, even specialized cruisers (I'm going to smack one on a Fenris' top bit).

And Shrike, it's very big. But still a bomber. I made it that way, and I'm not going to change it  

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Textured version of the destroyer

Still needs turrets...

[This message has been edited by Jabu (edited 07-19-2001).]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Well Jabu, I like them. Keep up the good work.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

I have some Sol ships that you can modle if you whant to have them, the ships are the GTF Ronin, GTBB Regnoroc.I should have some more soon.  

------------------
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 07-26-2001).]
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.