Author Topic: Cockpits : One Stop Shopping  (Read 84353 times)

Re: Cockpits : One Stop Shopping
Generic Cockpit Mod for Freespace 2 and FS-Port 3.3, needs at least 3.6.14 Release Candidate 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zkc2iq6adb6wz22

I only edited the Tables, the real work was done by Vasudan Admiral (Generic Cockpit.pof) Dragon (Original Cockpitmod for Blue Planet) and rscaper (Tables for the HUD and this Thread). All Thanks to them  ;)

First time post!
Excuse me, I downloaded this zip and placed the cockpitmod folder in the zip folder into the Freespace2 directory as said in the readme. However when I loaded up the game my HUD seems to be missplaced, I do use a 16:9 monitor so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
No i meant to get it working, i placed it in the mediavps and it did not work, and yes i can be a dumb ass some times :p

You need a built that support at least:
- post processing
- shadows
- sunshaft

Enable them within the launcher. And play.
**** i have not been able to get rc3-4-5 working yet. New task set!

rc3 to 5 don't have sunshaft and shadows or none of them. You have to use a beta build here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=78923.0

or here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80421.0

Offline Al-Rik

Generic Cockpit Mod for Freespace 2 and FS-Port 3.3, needs at least 3.6.14 Release Candidate 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zkc2iq6adb6wz22

I only edited the Tables, the real work was done by Vasudan Admiral (Generic Cockpit.pof) Dragon (Original Cockpitmod for Blue Planet) and rscaper (Tables for the HUD and this Thread). All Thanks to them  ;)

First time post!
Excuse me, I downloaded this zip and placed the cockpitmod folder in the zip folder into the Freespace2 directory as said in the readme. However when I loaded up the game my HUD seems to be missplaced, I do use a 16:9 monitor so I'm not sure what the problem is.

The resolution is right, otherwise the all would be misplaced.

I think the problem is that you use the the main FS2 Campaign. I only made excessive tests with the FS Port.

If you want to fix it, try this:
Go to: FreeSpace2\cockpitmod\data\tables\mv_root-hdg.tbm

You can open the .tbm file with notepad (but first make a copy of it).
Search (CTRL+F) for: Ulysses
Than search further for: +Throttle
My first guess is, that the positions are wrong ( at least in FS2 )
The same with  +Threat Indicator

If you load the screenshoot in GIMP (or any other paint tool that shows your cursors position ) resize it to 1440 x 900 you can guess easily that the right coordinates are by placing the cursor to the place the left upper corner of the HUD Element should be.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback, I will have a look at it during the weekend. :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:08:40 pm by Al-Rik »

Offline Al-Rik

New version of the cockpitmod done, at the moment only for Freespace 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lb9bup52q00e2j7

Don't use it for the FS Port !
Next version will use FS1 HUD Anis for the FS1 Era fighters & bombers like Apollo and Ursa, and should work with Freespace2 and the FS Port.

What exactly is new? Could we have a preview? Thanks in advance. :)
GODzilla™

Offline Al-Rik

What exactly is new? Could we have a preview? Thanks in advance. :)

The first version of the mod doesn't work right with Freespace 2.
The Throttle and the Tread indicator are at wrong positions.

The new version fix this, but it will only work in Freespace 2, not the FS Port.

Guess I'll trust your word then, because saying something like "ah, I see" would be impossible. :D
GODzilla™

Hey, thanks for fixing the HUD for the cockpitmod now the whole thing looks really awesome!

Offline Al-Rik

Thread necromantic to add the gift from Diaspora to this thread:

A gift from Diaspora. Seeing how DRADIS RTT has been tested, I feel general HUD to cockpit RTT is now ready to apply to other gauges. It's not an exhaustive proof of concept, but just enough to get modders to play with this feature.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=82572.0

Thread necromantic to add the gift from Diaspora to this thread:

A gift from Diaspora. Seeing how DRADIS RTT has been tested, I feel general HUD to cockpit RTT is now ready to apply to other gauges. It's not an exhaustive proof of concept, but just enough to get modders to play with this feature.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=82572.0

Really looking forward to some progress with RTT and cockpits!  Looks very promising.

Offline Flygit

I can't get hud to work in 1920x1200 resolution. If I lower res I can see it. I tried gauge calculator but I'm not sure which values I'm supposed to change in that gauge file.

Do I need to use default fov or can I use higher?

edit: I experimented with the gauge values and it is too much work to put them in their right place and they move around abit with TrackIR so I'll just use blank VA generic cockpit and vanilla "helmet" hud. RTT cockpit is propably what I'm looking for, it was pretty great in diaspora. Is there any progress on that?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:19:25 am by Flygit »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
For those playing the newly Blue Planet 2: War In Heaven (released this month), here the cockpit view you want !! Thanks to Steve-O. Your Cockpits are far better than the old one.
Just unzip the vp file into your blue planet 2 repository.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j0cnsnaja7o9ip0

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
What's up with all the extra stuff in the VP like sounds and effects and stuff? Do they override MVP or BP assets?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
sounds & effects are extra stuff for primary guns for BP 2. But, I didn't check if they would override existing one or have to be renamed so they can match with sound tbl from BP. The same goes for the effects for guns. They were with the revamp model fighter from Steve-O.

For those playing the newly Blue Planet 2: War In Heaven (released this month), here the cockpit view you want !! Thanks to Steve-O. Your Cockpits are far better than the old one.
Just unzip the vp file into your blue planet 2 repository.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j0cnsnaja7o9ip0

Good lord those look amazing, any way to get those into regular FS2 SCP?  I wouldn't care that they don't match the ships, neither does the Generic CP...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I wouldn't care that they don't match the ships, neither does the Generic CP...
You know this how? There's no ship prior to MediaVP upgrades that showed the inside of a cockpit except Lt. Ash's Apollo in the FreeSpace 1 opening cinematic. Lack of instrument panel textures aside, the model itself is basically a carbon-copy of that cockpit. There's no other shown cockpit interiors for anyone to say whether they match or not.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
However, cockpits in FSPort are also awesome despite the low resolution texture and the low poly.
Here a link to get Cockpit view in FSPort.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tjos3rcm7eq207

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
STEVE-O MARRY ME NON-HOMOSEXUALLY

wait, I'm already engaged. ****.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I wouldn't care that they don't match the ships, neither does the Generic CP...
You know this how? There's no ship prior to MediaVP upgrades that showed the inside of a cockpit except Lt. Ash's Apollo in the FreeSpace 1 opening cinematic. Lack of instrument panel textures aside, the model itself is basically a carbon-copy of that cockpit. There's no other shown cockpit interiors for anyone to say whether they match or not.

Because we can see even from retail models that not every ship has the same canopy shape or strut configuration as the Apollo.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Its instrument panel is also low enough that if it were universally used on all Terran strike craft, that canopy shape and piece count would have no effect whatsoever.
But again, without actually seeing anything besides the canopy, there's no way for us to know if that's the case or not.