Author Topic: HLP Store  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by EtherShock
Well of course not, an "official" store probably would've attracted unwanted attention. It's blatantly obvious the profits are used to pay for upkeep of the site.
Um... no.  Galemp set the prices at the minimum CafePress allows.  He makes no profit from it.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
maaaan i remember that thing... that's classic :D

Offline Kie99

Shoots and ritualistically flogs EtherShock.

What?  I was bored!
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

*Uses 1-Up mushroom*

What I don't get is why do the shirts say Freespace 2 on the back. Would anyone other than us buy this stuff? We already know what the graphics mean.

*scratches chin* I also wonder how many extra posts people have gained with the welcome speech.

Originally posted by Goober5000
Um... no.  Galemp set the prices at the minimum CafePress allows.  He makes no profit from it.

OK, so should we assume all the money goes to CafePress?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:35:47 pm by 2743 »

Offline Inquisitor

Yes, all the money goes to cafepress.
No signature.

Offline Roanoke

everyone should have a shivan poster on their wall(s)

Hey wait a minute, is that Carl on that poster?

Yes it is Carl!  Now I can't believe you've not gotten the spiel yet!
Drumroll puh-leaase!

:welcome:

Exits are to the rear and left.  They have been plastered shut with baguettes and peanut butter, so don’t try to use them. All hallways are monitored by sentry cannons that are equipped with n00b and spam detection systems, so don’t move. Now, don’t breathe. Stay like this for a while.

Under your seat you will find some of Raa’s cookies, Shrike’s dungeon pr0n, an0n’s graffiti, and a soggy newspaper containing news on the events of April 1, 2005; and the forum’s latest highlights, and a flame thrower.  We ran out of napalm on January 7, 2001, so you’ll have to bludgeon people to death.  Be sure to check out the Source Code Project, “A Journey of the Forgotten” in Hard Light Art, and the HLP Store, well, you’ve already discovered, so max out that credit card for HLP rewards miles, which can get you a trip anywhere from Capella to Gamma Draconis, courtesy of the NTF Air!

If for some dull reason you have avoided the sentries and are stuck wandering through the dank, dark ducts, stay armed to the teeth with lunch.  Chances are, you’ll encounter Carl, our local Shivan, so if you do, set down your lunch and slowly step away.  Hopefully he’ll leave you alone—he’s usually satisfied with those.  On the other hand, if you follow Raa, our Professor Tor’h Coolguy Vasudan, you’ll see him enter a kitchen.  Should you wish to peek inside, you’ll see him pull out a box, then a human head.  Should he see you, he’ll pull out a machete…

Welcome again to HLP! Have a nice day.

:p
[V] for FS3!

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Wow! This store is great. I just bought 4 t-shirts!
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Marauder
Yes it is Carl!  Now I can't believe you've not gotten the spiel yet!
Drumroll puh-leaase!

:welcome:

Exits are to the rear and left.  They have been plastered shut with baguettes and peanut butter, so don’t try to use them. All hallways are monitored by sentry cannons that are equipped with n00b and spam detection systems, so don’t move. Now, don’t breathe. Stay like this for a while.

Under your seat you will find some of Raa’s cookies, Shrike’s dungeon pr0n, an0n’s graffiti, and a soggy newspaper containing news on the events of April 1, 2005; and the forum’s latest highlights, and a flame thrower.  We ran out of napalm on January 7, 2001, so you’ll have to bludgeon people to death.  Be sure to check out the Source Code Project, “A Journey of the Forgotten” in Hard Light Art, and the HLP Store, well, you’ve already discovered, so max out that credit card for HLP rewards miles, which can get you a trip anywhere from Capella to Gamma Draconis, courtesy of the NTF Air!

If for some dull reason you have avoided the sentries and are stuck wandering through the dank, dark ducts, stay armed to the teeth with lunch.  Chances are, you’ll encounter Carl, our local Shivan, so if you do, set down your lunch and slowly step away.  Hopefully he’ll leave you alone—he’s usually satisfied with those.  On the other hand, if you follow Raa, our Professor Tor’h Coolguy Vasudan, you’ll see him enter a kitchen.  Should you wish to peek inside, you’ll see him pull out a box, then a human head.  Should he see you, he’ll pull out a machete…

Welcome again to HLP! Have a nice day.

:p

Uhh... he did get the "spiel", on the previous page. But I must admit it wasn't quite as... extensive... as yours... :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Oops.  My bad. :p
[V] for FS3!

*Points* Strip him of his welcome post! He's just trying to get more posts! :lol:

Nah, I don't care. I'm just joking with you. I'm kind of crazy. :wakka:

I wonder how many more times I'm going to get the welcome deal? That's twice already.

Grr, you'd think I'd be used to this editor already. >.<

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm kind of crazy. :wakka:

Ah. That explains why you seem to fit in perfectly here.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Marauder is a girl btw.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Well of course not, an "official" store probably would've attracted unwanted attention. It's blatantly obvious the profits are used to pay for upkeep of the site.
Actually there was a bit of a spat when we (HLP) found out that our logo and name was being used without our permission on merchandise.  We eventually got it straightened out, but there is no connection between the HLP store and HLP itself.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.