Author Topic: Bugged mission in WiH2  (Read 2831 times)

Offline leoben

Bugged mission in WiH2
Yo - when you load checkpoint for the mission where you have to protect the Agincourt in WiH2, you always start with failing the 'survive fighter sweep', and even when you destroy the medea, all your ships survive, the mission fails to complete even when every enemy ship, fighter whatever is dead. Even on Easiest setting. I'm doing everything by the book and I'm not a bad pilot. What's going on there? This mission feels WILDLY different from the last time i played it (had no issues completing this before on medium setting).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Bugged mission in WiH2
A lot of stuff has changed in the engine. I think BP may have become a victim of SCP rot.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Can you please provide a Debug log to provide version information on the FSO build and BP version you are using?

A simple rollback to a safe version can avoid "the rot" talked about before.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Veran

I stumbled upon the same problem in Aristeia. After starting the mission from the checkpoint just before the Medea enters the mission the Yangtze, Indus and Agincourt won't move ahead to the next waypoint on FSO 21.0
Log with FSO 21.0: https://fsnebula.org/log/601ffaa91a0bbdb143a8d5ae

Switching back to FSO 19.0 helped. I could finish the mission from the checkpoint.
https://fsnebula.org/log/6020023e10e535c066a8d5ae

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oof.

I can confirm I saw this repeatedly during my big bug sweep a few months ago but I didn’t look into it for reasons I don’t really recall...
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline leoben

Confirmed - fso 19 solved the issue. Thanks!

Offline leoben

the last mission is also bugged, unfortunately it even crashes with fso 19. dont know how ill finish the campaign if its this broken.

By "the last mission", do you mean Delenda Est? What's the nature of the crash? I realise this must be immensely frustrating; an outright crash should have some useful information in the debug log though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:50:38 pm by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline leoben

Yes Delenda Est. it's a straight CtD, no error msg. I'll run debug version and provide log next time i try. It happens right after you enter the Indus' fighterbay and the interactive part of the mission ends, as it zooms out and shows the yangtze being glassed by the imperiuse.

this happens with FSO 19. FSO 21's continue from checkpoint is broken similar to aristeia.

I'm closing in on a fix for the checkpoint bug, but I haven't actually tested Delenda Est on 21.0.0 to see if I can reproduce that.

Yo - when you load checkpoint for the mission where you have to protect the Agincourt in WiH2, you always start with failing the 'survive fighter sweep', and even when you destroy the medea, all your ships survive, the mission fails to complete even when every enemy ship, fighter whatever is dead. Even on Easiest setting. I'm doing everything by the book and I'm not a bad pilot. What's going on there? This mission feels WILDLY different from the last time i played it (had no issues completing this before on medium setting).

I had the issue with the objectives saying i had failed to survive (hillarious as that is) after loading a checkpoint but was still able to complete the mission. I think a later trigger being missed is the real problem.

It's not; the problem is that the Agincourt's AI goals to proceed to its waypoint are somehow getting wiped on the checkpoint load. This is an engine code issue introduced some time between 19.0.0 and 21.0.0.

OK I've tracked this down to a specific corner in the nightmarish labyrinth of FSO's AI code, we should have a fix ready in a day or two. Until then, leoben, I can give you a simple hack for BP's table files which will let you play Delenda Est on 21.0.0 with checkpoints, if you're still interested in finishing it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Does this mean BP is going to be running on [most recent nightly] until the next stable release?

This is under discussion but I’d definitely like to handle this sort of thing with a minor patch release of stable.

Offline leoben

sorry didn't check back here in a while. Finished all good. But awesome you guys are fixing! Game is still fantastic ever which way.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
I've also experienced crashed without any error msgs every now and then in pretty much every bp2 mission. Running a debug build to provide a log is also a pain in the bottom, I'm afraid to report, as this creates a ton of error msgs. I appears that pretty much every custom ship model has some glitch. You might want to go over this if you have the chance. :)

I just went over all the models, and only the titan, custos's and morena macduff had any warnings, and they were all about duplicate path names, a very minor warning. What sort of errors are you seeing?

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
E.g. when running Icarus (see attachment). Okay, "pretty much every model" was an overstatement, admittedly. I got a little overwhelmed by the number of errors plopping up. Often, it is the same model causing a warning. It's not just the three you named, though.

[attachment deleted to save space]