Author Topic: Knossos Mission  (Read 13895 times)

I just can't get to the cruiser in time before it destroys the Sanctuary. It's beam fires WAY too fast, and none of the other ships turn to even try and bring their beams to bare against the target. What is the solution?
If you like Space Combat, check out my Arian Starfighter game!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Trebuchets/Stilettos, I would believe. Assuming this is Forced Entry you're talking about.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Trebuchets, for now, and we'll be rebalancing it a bit in the re-release since that's the only truly unfair part of the mission.

Alright. I'll give them a try. I'm using the default fighter (the one with one bank of 4 guns). I guess that I really don't need missiles for dogfighting.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Use the Myrm with three banks of Trebs.  Balors for bomber hunting, Trebs for beam-removal.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, that's the best loadout for the mission. Remember not to fire trebs on fighters.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Alternatively, use the Herc II and load it out with 20 Trebuchets if you're good at using the Energy Transfer System. I pass all the time with this loadout (not that it says much since I always play legally on Very Easy). :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to use trebs, but try to beat it with the regular fighter (I like that fighter lol).
For some reason, the Balor is nice with that Recon fighter int he earlier missions, but sucks on the other fighters IMO. The Prometheus is the best weapon it seems (in my opinion).

Offline Darius

The Balor is mainly useful as a tracer weapon for taking down light, fast fighters, which is what you're mostly facing in earlier missions. Once you get to bomber intercept and capital ship engagement, something harder hitting like the prometheus (which is my favourite cannon to use in Forced Entry due to its range) or the kayser would be better used.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Does the Prometheus have a longer range in BP?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The Prometheus has always had a really long range.

Yeah, the prometheus rocks. I would argue that it is superior to the Keyser (at least int his mod).

Yeah, the prometheus rocks. I would argue that it is superior to the Keyser (at least int his mod).

I almost always pick teh prometheus over the Kayser. The Kayser seems to drain power reserves more quickly as well. Might do more damage but with half the range is it really worth it?

Offline Droid803

It is when something (like a wing of Basilisks) jumps in real close and you want them dead fast (you're protecting Escape Pods).

Definitely not for Forced Entry though.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Try the Herc II if you're really having problems.

I tend to stick with a Kayser-Balor loadout....

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I just can't get to the cruiser in time before it destroys the Sanctuary. It's beam fires WAY too fast, and none of the other ships turn to even try and bring their beams to bare against the target. What is the solution?

Did you actually mean the cruiser (i.e. the Lilith), or the [other thing that jumps in after the Lilith]?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That's usually what the Lilith attack looks like. Unless you know what you are doing (that is, by having played the mission before), it is really easy to be out of Treb range when the Lilith shows up, with no chance of getting there before it fires.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Droid803

Generally what it's firing at will survive one or two hits.
Just get there. FAST.

The Temeraire won't though. You have to have foresight skillz...well, they do say that they're being followed.
(´・ω・`)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That Lilith attack is just unfair.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Since when did the Shivans play fair? :p
My blog

MP-Ryan