Author Topic: C-36 Alpha Type shuttle  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Lynx

C-36 Alpha Type shuttle
Here's WCS shuttle model, nicknamed "the flying shoebox" without any reason. :p

Originally posted by Fleet Tactics
The Alpha Type series of shuttles represents the newest method by the Confederation to take one basic logistic design and configure it for several different variations. These shuttles function well in both atmospheric and space vacuum environments and have the latest in power plant, shielding, and construction technology. Cheap, durable, reliable, the Alpha Type series economical values are superceded by their capability that gives the Terran Confederation a logistics edge over the Kilrathi. These shuttles have replaced the older Greyhound and Hermes shuttles and are now carried by almost every ship in the fleet.

The Type-A is the 'vanilla' model, a basic jump-capable shuttle with all-around personnel and transport capacity, but there are many other variants in service. The Type-L is a long-range VIP shuttle for flag officers (Admiral and Generals); there are first class accommodations and extra fuel capacity. The Type-R is a Search and Rescue variant that is refitted with extra sensors (to find lifepods) and an extra medical bay. The Type-M is a light combat dropship that can carry up to 24 Marines and is armed with gatling-laser cannons and Needle anti-tank micro-missiles. The Type-F is a fuel tanker complete with an in-flight refueling system. It should be noted that the latter three variants sacrafice jump engines for extra space needed for their configurations.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
pic don't work
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Lynx

That's strange. I posted in other places and everyone can see it. Have you tried refreshing your browser window? What browser are you using?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
It's working for me at any place too. So it seems our server is online
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
works now
looks nice for the most part, could use that edge rounding thing you've used a few times.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline mr.WHO

It looks like a truck without wheels to me.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in other words, as it is supposed to look like. Period :mad2:
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Ugleee.

:nervous:

Nice job though if its canon.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
see it yourself

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by mr.WHO
It looks like a truck without wheels to me.

Wouldn't want it any other way.:D

The screenshot above is from WC4, the model is slightly different to our version wich is based on WC3.

space trucker anybody?  (the "akward" film that should never have been made)

(voices from hell)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Fugly, but then again it's supposed to be, innit?

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by aldo_14
Fugly, but then again it's supposed to be, innit?

Exactly. It's ugly, but in a beatiful sort of way.:p

Originally posted by GT-Keravnos
space trucker anybody? (the "akward" film that should never have been made)

"Space Trucker". Could be the sequel to "Ice Pirates".:lol:

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
If I were you I'd bevel the edges so that they match with the WC4 cinematic screen. It wouldn't increase the poly count by too much and it'd make it look less boxy while keeping in line with canon.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
the only thing this one is based on WC3 design :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Lynx

Meh. the thing isn't converted anyways, and rounded edgews wouln't be hard to put in anyways. Will do.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Mitsubishi Fuso! In Space!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Lynx

Can you post a picture. I don't know how a Mitsubishi Fuso looks.:D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Misubishi in space!
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.