Author Topic: Release: Deep Blood, an 11 mission FS2 campaign  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Release: Deep Blood, an 11 mission FS2 campaign
Deep Blood, an 11 mission FS2 campaign (Including two loop-missions). Built using FS2 retail.

Two years have passed since the destruction of the Capella star, two years since both Terran and Vasudan peoples almost lost their homes, their worlds, their empires.
For two hard years the Capella civilians struggled to find a place to call home, GTVA command decided to explore the Jump Node that led from Altair - a Node they had never been through before. Luckly they found seven worlds that they gave to the Capella civilians, the new system was designated as Orion.

Orion, a place of hope, a place of peace...and soon a place of vast death.

As always comments, reviews and feedback welcome. :)

Download link:

Download Deep Blood

EDIT: Fixed Rar file, now contains updated campaign file. I used an old one by mistake when I first uploaded >.<

NOTE: File hosted on Freewebs, you will need to right click and save target as.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:02:59 am by 2168 »
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Sounds interesting. Next time I'm on the computer that FS2 is installed to, I'll give it a try.

One suggestion, though: there's already 2 Orions. There's the constellation and then there's the destroyer class. I would advise renaming that; perhaps to some other Greek name.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Nuclear1

Oo! New campaign! New campaign!

*goes to play*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I was going to submit this for a highlight, but the HLP front page has never recognized me as a member. :sigh:

Someone else can.
Here's a quick graphic to use:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Nuclear1

I honestly think we could just use the standard "Campaign Release" image. ;)

I just played through the campaign, and I'll give it a quick little review:

Spoiler:
It was a nice little playthrough with a good story behind it, and with good characters. The only real problem I would say that I have with it would be along the lines of the missions being too... linear and straightforward. Most of the missions are purely "destroy all targets and jump out", and I would have honestly appreciated some variety.

What I can most tell by the campaign is that you got a lot of inspiration and/or ideas from Derelict, from the wise-cracking wingman to the prototype superweapon that goes down when it kills a big Shivan ship. While I found it a little obvious, it doesn't mean that it was in anyway horrible, plagiristic, or evil; it simply means that anyone else would look at it and say "Derelict! OMG!"

There was also one major show-stopping bug: at the beginning, I found that no ships or weapons were available, and so I had to manually go in and check in the GTVA ships from after the main FS2 campaign.

Aside from that, there were some annoying little spelling/grammar issues and some short debriefings, but it was a nice little play. :)

I've been spending the last couple of hours going through and correcting the grammar mistakes, and if you want, I can have it re-uploaded with all of the corrections by either late night or early tomorrow morning. :)

Good work on it, BTW. Definitely highlight-worthy. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by nuclear1
I honestly think we could just use the standard "Campaign Release" image. ;)

If I could have logged onto the main page, I'd have known about such a thing, yes? But I cannot.

Sweet, a RETAIL campaign! Maybe I'll play this before I do up a mission for the contest, to re-kindle my interest in FS2.

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, and here is the campaign with many of the grammar/spelling issues fixed. :)

Hum, can it be played with FSO ?
I am reluctant to go back to retail. I would miss all the shiny stuff that ws brought by FSO
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
Nuclear, thanks for the grammer fixes. Thats a big help :)
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Unknown_Enemy
Hum, can it be played with FSO ?
I am reluctant to go back to retail. I would miss all the shiny stuff that ws brought by FSO

Pretty much every campaign can be played with FSO. If there is a problem report it because backwards compatability is very important to the SCP.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Gai Daigoji
Nuclear, thanks for the grammer fixes. Thats a big help :)

No problem. ;)

Offline Nuclear1

That happened with me, too. I'll take a deeper look at it a little later (like AFTER the 4th of July parties ;) ); I'm afeared I may have screwed up the campaign file getting those loop missions to work.

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
Originally posted by High Max
Nuclear, I went to start a mission in Deep Blood and I received an error that I have never seen before. It says:

Error: Argument count is illegal

In sexpression: [ cond ]
[Error appears to be: cond]
File: D:\src\fs2_open.testing\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4600
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

What's wrong? It does this on both the 3.6.5 build and the T-20050622 build.

EDIT: I just remembed, thats the same bug one of the testers noted (I placed it in the REadme file). All you have to do is press "Ok" and then alt-tab back to FS2 and the mission still loads.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:05:48 am by 2168 »

I get that same error with the start of every mission.

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, let's try this again. Clicky! Now with the (hopefully) bugfree campaign file and grammar corrections. :) If you'll include this link in your first post, Gai, then I'll go through and correct these...

Offline Nuclear1

Are you sure? Because I'm positive that the campaign file in my download works. :doubt:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Sounds like someone needs to create a new pilot...

It might be something with the uh, freespace program/directory rather than the mission file itself. I've got Freespace installed four or five times, with varying mods and so forth, and I threw the campaign into one of the directories and had this problem. Then, when I was starting my mission for the FRED contest, I had more or less the same error for a largely incomplete mission (couple of ships, briefings, and a time-based objective).

Then I threw my mission into a differen't directory, and it worked fine. I suspect moving the Deep blood campaign will have similar results.

Gai you have an interesting sense of humor mate:p