Author Topic: PSP (Playstation Portable) Conversion?  (Read 6097 times)

Re: PSP (Playstation Portable) Conversion?
Yes, progress is being made. I now have a build that compiles and runs on the PSP, although it hangs when it calls some of the PSP OpenGL library functions, so needs some more investigation.

The main changes I've had to make so far are:
  • Remove audio, multiplayer & network code (using stub functions, and #define NO_SOUND etc)
  • Reduce the static memory requirements by scaling down things like MAX_SHIPS, MAX_POLYs etc.
  • Add the PSP startup code
  • Override the mprintf and stderr debugging functions to dump debugging info to a file

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Steve

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
If you go the route of simply increasing limits, you'd probably be better off to try and make them dynamic. Otherwise you're going to drop compatibility with various campaigns because they hit the limit.

'course that depends on the limit, and the amount of anti-bumpage.
-C

Offline patch

I was going to give this a shot. I've run into display list prob's converting opengl/sdl code I wrote from scratch to psp... I guess this confirms that display lists aren't supported on psp.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
What a .............

:necro:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions