Author Topic: Pirates vs. Kilrathi  (Read 2134 times)

Pirates vs. Kilrathi
Hey everyone

Is it just me, or are pirates much harder to kill and generally better pilots than the Kilrathi? At least it seems so in the prologue campaign. I guess that's because the Kilrathi fight with the power of great numbers rather than skill, is that correct?

Re: Pirates vs. Kilrathi
Hmmm well remember that human light/medium are generally a tad better than there kilrathi counterparts. And in the prologue your only fighting the easiest kilrathi fighters wait to the full campaign is out and u have to face Vaktoths, Paktahns and Sorthaks which outperform the confed heavy fighters.

But i'm not sure about the AI of the pirate ships compared to kilrathi. Also remember that in the mission when u fight the pirate frrigate your in the Thunderbolt which has great firepower but is a lot slower than the arrow or hellcat so u really need good flying skill to dodge those missiles.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, from a technical side, I gave both the same AI level if I'm not mistaken. However, Razors are damn maneuverable :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Point taken. :)

Can't wait to play the full campaign. I've just played Freespace 2 to kill some time.

Offline Phenix

strangely, :confused: I also noticed that pirates kill you more "efficientely".
But I think it is mainly because they have light fighters, which  are faster and harder to target....plus they always rely on greater numbers, which makes battles difficult expecially at the beginning of the engagement, when multiple missiles fly all over the place and it is very difficult to dodge 2 or more attackers at the same time...