Author Topic: made my own website - done with dA & flickr  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
made my own website - done with dA & flickr
I've had enough of deviant art and flickr and I've been meaning to launch my own website for a while anyway, so I finally have. It's very much a work in progress, but I'd love some feedback on any of it. The design, the layout, the photos... have at it. I made it in iWeb because I don't really know anything about html beyond the basic stuff and don't have any other web editing program anyway.

Also, if anybody knows anything about registering domains and publishing to them through a hosting website and could give me some info on that, I would really appreciate it. I don't want to keep this hosted on .mac for longer than I have to and would like to get a domain for it.

web.mac.com/flyingbruinphoto/

Thoughts?
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: made my own website - done with dA & flickr
Not too bad, really. Looks quite good to my (admittedly unprofessional) eyes. However, i kinda expected the pictures beneath the navigation bar (the Home/East Coast/... thingy) to be clickable. Also, you may want to consider thumbnailing your pics, because excessive scrolling = evil, at least in my book.
But the overall impression I get is pretty good, so good work there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: made my own website - done with dA & flickr
Also, you may want to consider thumbnailing your pics, because excessive scrolling = evil, at least in my book.

seconded, thumbnails will work just fine and clicking should show the bigger version.

loved this one: http://web.mac.com/flyingbruinphoto/iWeb/Flying%20Bruin%20Photography/Images/IMG_2661%202.jpg
el hombre vicio...