Author Topic: wxLauncher Test Builds [Updated: 2016-09-04]  (Read 67059 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: wxLauncher Test Builds [Updated: 2015-04-20]
I am not sure that the icon has ever been set correctly on Linux.  I will have to look into how it is done.

I'm pretty sure it worked OK in 0.9.4.

When you switched it, did it have an effect on that flag?

I didn't actually test it, based on what Iss Mneur said I presumed that wxL wasn't going to process it. I'll see if I can give it a test tomorrow (for now is sleep.....zzzzzzzz)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: wxLauncher Test Builds [Updated: 2016-03-19]
BUMP Version 0.11.0 is available for beta testing.

0.11.0 fixes:
  • Many thanks to m!m for the many contributions to this release including:
    • Windows - Joystick indexs
    • Windows - Support for Antipodes configuration file.
  • Also
    • Linux - Fix icon so that is displays correctly (Niffiwan)
  • Detailed list is available here.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline m!m

I just tested the build with RC1 and a fresh antipodes build. Everything seems to be working properly and the config file contains the right values.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Wasn't really sure where to post. Guess here'll do.

I downloaded .11, and other than the fact that I actually went and changed all mod images to 255x112 and the error that you'll see in the attachment, where is the play button?

[attachment deleted by admin]
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
...Same place it's always been? Not sure why it's not showing up on yours.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Same situation as Makhpella.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Wouldn't have anything to do with the resolution, would it? I'm on 1366x768.
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

Offline m!m

That's probably it. wxLauncher wasn't designed with resizing in mind so unfortunately these issues are quite common.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I'm on 1366x768.
Me too.
Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, the screen needs to be more than 800 px tall to layout correctly. The layout code hasn't really been updated in a long time.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Then why 0.10.1 is ok, only 0.11.0 is broken?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
That is interesting.  I will have to check then.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I haven't tested to confirm, but I thought the vertical resolution increased in 0.11.0?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Apparently I don't remember correctly. The issue is with screens less than 650-700 px tall.  On these short monitors (think netbooks) there is not even space for the buttons, but yours has plenty of space.  Please run the debug build and post the log (instructions are in the OP).

niffiwan, something changed with the 0.11 because for me the launcher is expanding to the max vertical, but even when it does that the buttons are still stuck to the bottom of the content not just above the status bar like AdmiralRalwood.

I will have to make a point of looking into what can be done to fix the layout code.

Hm, debug build is 0.10.0. Should I use this? :nervous:

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Hm, debug build is 0.10.0. Should I use this? :nervous:

Hrrm.

0.10.1 (which I just fixed the OP to link to) will work for what I am interested in.

Ok, here is log.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Code: [Select]
16203161155:DEBUG:I found 212 .ini files:
Really!?  I didn't think that many mods existed.

After reviewing the logs I am not seeing anything jump out at me (though I will have to test with 200 mod .ini's but that should not be causing our problem.

With 0.11.0 please check the basic settings page, and screenshot any dropdown boxes that are really long or drop below off the bottom of the screen.  In particular I am interested in the executable list and the sound card list.

Thanks,

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Code: [Select]
16203161155:DEBUG:I found 212 .ini files:
Really!?  I didn't think that many mods existed.

After reviewing the logs I am not seeing anything jump out at me (though I will have to test with 200 mod .ini's but that should not be causing our problem.

With 0.11.0 please check the basic settings page, and screenshot any dropdown boxes that are really long or drop below off the bottom of the screen.  In particular I am interested in the executable list and the sound card list.

Thanks,

I'm surprised those aren't dumped to the debug log already?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I'm surprised those aren't dumped to the debug log already?

They are (18xFSO.exe) and looks like 8 "sound cards", and neither of which should be too long, but something is pushing the buttons off the bottom.