Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 278893 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: World of Warships - Closed Beta

Domination Mode on Hotspot, skippering my Tier VII IJN cruiser sporting HIJMS Ashigara markings courtesy of Tanz.  Moved to protect the center cap, heavily damaged a Furutaka, shredded a Sims and started working over a New York with my 203s...

Oh? A sneaky OpFor Kongo is planning to whip round that island to starboard at 5 klicks and let me have it?  Type 90 Mod1s away.

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

The Myōkō class really benefited from the new armor scheme and swapping Tiers with Mogami.  Even though I wanted to love her dearly she was just made out of Citadel last patch, now she's an efficient killing machine.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Am now up to the New Mexico.

Gotta say, nothing beats going into battle accompanied by the Black Sails soundtrack.

Specifically, this piece:
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well Atago is coming as a Prem...

there goes all my tokens.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The weird thing is they've had the Takaos modeled since Alpha; they were the original Japanese Tier 8 cruiser.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well the Takao class can probably make more dinero as a Prem than the Myōkō would have.  I'm not terribly miffed though, I love IJN CAs and if I can have the skipper the Takao and make bank on matches it will be a good deal as far as I am concerned.

I watched a video compiling all the patch notes for 4.0 and they really stuck it to the Cans huh?  Cruisers, which really didn't need a buff, got the olfactory search to negate smoke and increase surface and torp detection.  DD smoke got nerfed in duration, deployment and number of charges.  Situation Awareness, probably one of the most important DD skipper traits, got moved to a five level Captain skill.  That's pretty bad in general but the American Aluminum especially is going to be hurting.  I'll need to reevaluate how I play Sims and Benson.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I hate battleship gameplay. Slow, boring, and aiming is too hard, cannon fodder for absolutely every other ship class.
I don't respect BBs at all.

Destroyer? Torp him.
Cruiser? Spam HE, set him on fire and run away if he's at range. Torp him if he's close.
Carrier? Send some torpedo bombers his way. He's ****ed if he isn't cowering behind a cruiser.

HE is way to powerful on CR's ATM.

A CR can go 1 on 1 with a battleship and hope to win if he starts enough fire.
the way the fire works or HE shells work needs fixing.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

BBs are getting an HE shell buff and close-range accuracy buff in the next patch, should bring them more even with an equivalent CA.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Drop this game.

Drop every Wargaming game.

Right now.

They did a deal with Humble Bundle which would give Beta access, but also, among other things, a premium ship, 7 days premium, gold, five port slots, etc.

The original post by Gunlion, promising it would all still be available when the game went open beta.

Turns out Gunlion's a complete incompetent and that was never true. But we're not telling you until a week later.

I know that Gaijin are bunch of sub-literate morons but if you must play a tanks or planes game GO PLAY WARTHUNDER OR WAIT FOR ARMORED COMBAT because these people are such completely useless ****s they didn't tell the community for a whole week about this when they decided or found out or whatever that it wasn't going to happen, and they not only ****ed themselves over doing it, they managed to catch the Humble Bundle guys in the blast-radius of their suicide vest.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Fraud on a charity package.  Pro-level Wargaming stuff right there.

Fraud on a charity package.  Pro-level Wargaming stuff right there.

I personally had nothing really invested in the bonus stuff (I specifically wanted closed beta access, which I technically still have). BUT learning that they basically scammed all of us who bought the humble bundle, and that they used such a great charity/service to do so, reallly bugs me. They're not getting another penny, ever, even if they do fix this. Which there's even odds that they won't, even with everybody yelling at them now.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I guess someone got screamed at enough.

(They're giving everyone who got the Humble Bundle key the Murmansk back)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

(They're giving everyone who got the Humble Bundle key the Murmansk back)

That's a step in the right direction, but I can't let it go. I tried to play today, but couldn't launch a battle because of the bad feeling in my gut. Even if it was just a mis-communication, it's still wrong what they did. It'll cost them nothing to give the originally promised digital goods out to everyone who deserves them, and that's the only way that they'll be able to keep any good-will.

Edit: I made a thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/sKJ2xZT
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:51:18 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
For those who want it (figured this is a great place to give you folks the keys)
F93KD-XVZCC-7PHB3-C94R8 - Warships Closed Beta
RMSZG-VZREK-BPS58-6PT66 - World of Tanks Invite
M5399-BWKGB-9U7FS-25MNV - World of Warships Bonus

Had no use of them, none of these games really interested me
"No"

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
wow...cool! grabbed the beta code. Thanks!

Offline crizza

Well... almost hit an island... reversed and by the time I was free, he rammed me...
But that poor guy I killed with my secondaries :D

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
1st Stage Reclamation Objective Minekaze acquired.  I had hoped to complete Objective Aoba and Objective Kongō before going away on vacation but alas it will have to wait till I get back.  Kuma and Myogi are competitive enough that they should not be outclassed even though I'm losing a week.  Once Kongō and Aoba are achieved I can slow grind towards 2nd Stage objectives Nagato and Mogami while focusing the Reclamation of My Lady Kagerō and beyond.  3rd Stage will include continuing up the IJN CA and BB lines while also starting up American Steel.

On the bright side I should be able to start taking Atago out when I get back.

wow...cool! grabbed the beta code. Thanks!

Let us know if the codes work, people on the forums are saying that the bonus codes don't work after the 24th. But it should be in open beta in a matter of days.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
I couldn't get the bonus code to work, but the beta code was fine.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
A game in which almost every torp hit. Gotta love those games..

el hombre vicio...

I couldn't get the bonus code to work, but the beta code was fine.

Try the bonus code again, they re-enabled activation.
ALSO! Wargaming finally came through and gave everybody what was initially promised. I guess we did make enough noise :)