Author Topic: wxLauncher stopped working  (Read 1760 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
wxLauncher stopped working
Hey all, wxlauncher suddenly stopped working on me. This is after I had Windows 7 reloaded.

When I try to run any mod, the "play" button turns grey and says "Starting" but nothing happens. Game root and executable paths are set. I tried reinstalling wxlauncher; it still didn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: wxLauncher stopped working
Maybe it's not a problem with launcher but executable? Try run it directly.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Fixed! I used FSO Installer to install the 64-bit versions, selected the 64-bit executable in wxLauncher and now it works just fine! It was the 32-bit executable that I was trying to use, that caused the error.

Quick question: Should I be using the SSE2 or AVX version?

AVX

Offline m!m

AVX requires a newer processor but those are pretty common now. If you can run it without errors then you should use AVX.

Offline CT27

AVX requires a newer processor but those are pretty common now. If you can run it without errors then you should use AVX.

Could you please define what you mean by "newer" for this case?  I got the computer I'm using in 2010 for example.

Offline m!m

The first Intel CPU with support for that was Sandy Bridge which appears to be have been released in 2011 so it's probably not going to work. You can just try to use the AVX build. The worst thing it can do is crash in which case you will know that it doesn't work.

Knossos has native support for checking the capabilities of your CPU to select the best build so if you use that you don't need to worry about anything.