Author Topic: Tie realease w\ problems  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Topgun

Tie realease w\ problems
OK here is my tie fighter. it has lots of problems like 2 small not noticeable textures in the wrong place and it is upside down. I have not finshed converting the textures but i will post them when I have them.\

Edit: dang I released it to early, while looking at the textures ZI realised another problem. it will take me 2 hr more of work to get it fixed and I am tired.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:00:30 pm by Topgun »

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: Tie realease w\ problems
work on that some more.

as of right now it uses far too many textures, it should only be using one at most.

also, i don't know if its modelview, but it appears that the back to one of the wings is missing, there's holes in the cockpit, and the smoothing is messed up. (smoothing is a known modelview thing, but models generally look ok for me if there's no problems, well, lod0 does). 

also, it has no LODs.

i'd prefer a delayed release with a bug free, cleanly mapped, LODed model.

any way i can help?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Topgun

can you bake textures? or maby make it right side up? I tried to do that but I think I need to flip it based on it's center which I do not know how to do in Truspace.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
well, i don't know how to do anything in truespace.

if you can export the model in something max 8 can read, i might be able to help, but even then my schedule is fairly full, so i'd prefer to be in a helping role instead of a finishing the conversion role.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
He's right about textures, it's just that having all the textures in one files (with power of 2 dimensions) is the most efficient way to do it and makes the model run much better.  But I really think the mesh is showing a lot of promise, I know there's some truespace experts around here, if no one shows up, ask for some help in the general modding forum.  And keep up the good work!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Topgun

here are the textures. they are kinda ugly, if you can make um better go ahead. also if somebody wants to bake them, well here you go!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
i'd prefer a delayed release with a bug free, cleanly mapped, LODed model.

Don't listen to him. Releasing half finished models is a good idea. It protects you against HDD failure and gets more data into the general community, increasing the chances of useful things getting done by others. Doesn't mean you should stop working on it though.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Topgun

yep, the only reason I gave this out was so that you can find bugs for me :D.