Author Topic: RELEASE: Hertak Apocalypse  (Read 5911 times)

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Re: RELEASE: Hertak Apocalypse
Definitely would love to see some butt-whooping Cordi designs post-Hertak domination, how will their military structure have changed as a result?
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Definitely would love to see some butt-whooping Cordi designs post-Hertak domination, how will their military structure have changed as a result?

Bigger carriers. More powerful beam weapons, better anti-fighter weapons for capships (those pulse weapons aren't the best solution). Better fightercraft and so on.

AND better Hetak countermeasures (like those Zy uber bomb).
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Actually, I've noticed that this simple "chart" is nonindicative. Zy and Fura'ngle are similar in technological advancement, but Zy ships were designed purely for war, while Fura'ngle were not. Fura'ngle (I assume) jump technology outclasses that of CSA (as mentioned in M04), Nordera can take a lot of hits, way more than Cordi. In fact, "technology level" concept known from RTSes doesn't really seem to apply here, each race has it's strenghts and weaknesses. Not to mention Fura'ngle are alien enough to have nothing in common with how other races developed and there was plenty of technology sharing.