Author Topic: The WoD questions and discussion thread  (Read 51357 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: The WoD questions and discussion thread
Spoon you are the coolest guy. Why you so cool, bro?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spoon you are the coolest guy. Why you so cool, bro?
I'm not the guy doing interviews with lead writers!
The real question is, why are you so cool?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I would say, he is the coolest guy because he created all this by himself.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
The CSA Aestival...QT-ARMS?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Both  :D
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hahaha, no wonder it seemed so familiar when I first saw it. Giant space colonies duking it out somewhat overshadowed the QT-ARMS, hehe. The Aestival looks like it was based off the Starslyph, that pink one, without those super-long legs in 'fighter' mode.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You can't really simulate that though, other than setting target position prediction to a ridiculous value, the AI is pretty bad at anticipating player's actions. He/she would be like any other Cyrvan ace, and also like any other AI. Very challenging, most likely, considering the Cyrvans' technological superiority, but by no means undefeatable with the right approach.

You haven't seen Psycho Mantis in action, I take it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
So... you like to play JAD? And what is this? you have a Blue Planet profile! How many spam posts have you added on it's sub forum trying to predict the future? Oh! Inferno! Do you enjoy observing the charred wrecks of colossal craft drifting with the thousands that crewed them? I can read you like an open source file!

Suddenly Shivan Juggernauts and then the screen goes black while you hear beams charging. Asteroids that were part of the background are "thrown" at you.

Sorry, I had to. :lol:

Offline Lorric

So... you like to play JAD? And what is this? you have a Blue Planet profile! How many spam posts have you added on it's sub forum trying to predict the future? Oh! Inferno! Do you enjoy observing the charred wrecks of colossal craft drifting with the thousands that crewed them? I can read you like an open source file!

Suddenly Shivan Juggernauts and then the screen goes black while you hear beams charging. Asteroids that were part of the background are "thrown" at you.

Sorry, I had to. :lol:

Hmmm… hello there An4ximandros. Now let me read your mind…

You enjoyed playing space sims in the 90s but missed out on Freespace 2 until recently.

You are a perfectionist who has to make everything you use in anything you create involving Freespace 2 yourself.

You think finding the right balance between model and texture details is a pain.

You love the Orion Hades and the Sobek.

You frequent http://affuniverse.com/forums/

You are annoyed that every Metroid game is about Samus and wish they’d expand into something else.

You had an invasion of flies in your kitchen recently, and the mass murder of insects ensued.

No words can describe your hatred for Selkaths.

You have at least one brother.

You don’t want there to be a Freespace 3.

You are bored of the Mass Effect franchise.

You are fond of Diaspora.

You are feeling unsettled now.

Have a nice day.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You honestly went to my profile and looked through the 304 posts I made to write that? I am impressed. ;7

But I digress, we should go back to WoD.

Offline Lorric

You honestly went to my profile and looked through the 304 posts I made to write that? I am impressed. ;7

But I digress, we should go back to WoD.

The back 5 pages. Except the bit about you being a perfectionist, which is a piece of information I retained about you. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because when I read it, I read that bit in your sidebar about needing to think of something to put in there and thought it funny.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Amusing as this is, time to go back on topic.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!

Cordi, Zy, or Fur'angle pilot joining your squadron? Would provide an interesting new dynamic. How about it?

Offline Lorric

Cordi, Zy, or Fur'angle pilot joining your squadron? Would provide an interesting new dynamic. How about it?

I wouldn't do this. It was hard enough to create the JGASF and get the Cyrvans and Terrans to agree terms, I'm sure they wouldn't let these aliens just come strolling into the JGASF.

That said, they could still come in as allies and recurring characters. You get to fight alongside Cordi and Zy in WoD after all.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

I wouldn't do this. It was hard enough to create the JGASF and get the Cyrvans and Terrans to agree terms, I'm sure they wouldn't let these aliens just come strolling into the JGASF.

That said, they could still come in as allies and recurring characters. You get to fight alongside Cordi and Zy in WoD after all.

You could do it as an "allied" pilot getting stranded on the carrier, lots of potential for some interesting character dynamics
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lorric

You could do it as an "allied" pilot getting stranded on the carrier, lots of potential for some interesting character dynamics

That's a good idea.

Offline -Norbert-

I think a Zy would be the best choice.
Fura'ngle won't work, because they are the ships. Cordi with their hive mentality would be really hard to do anything meaningfull with, on top of a single Cordi fighter on it's own being rather useless.

But the Zy with their Honor and strong fighters might make an interresting companion, wether as a member of the crew or as a pilot who's starlance drive got busted behind enemy lines or somesuch, who they picked up.

Offline Lorric

I think a Zy would be the best choice.
Fura'ngle won't work, because they are the ships. Cordi with their hive mentality would be really hard to do anything meaningfull with, on top of a single Cordi fighter on it's own being rather useless.

But the Zy with their Honor and strong fighters might make an interresting companion, wether as a member of the crew or as a pilot who's starlance drive got busted behind enemy lines or somesuch, who they picked up.

I would have the Zy as the only survivor from their unit. That would help explan why they don't just fuel up the Zy's ship, and send him on his way. He would have to have his own ship, they probably wouldn't fit into another fighter's cockpit, never mind be able to fly a ship built by a completely alien race. This would also present a problem that there'd only be one Zy ship. Maybe they could capture some in a mission for spares. I could just imagine some picture in the artwork of the hulking Zy looking down at the tiny Cyrvan looking up, the pair studying each other.

I wonder if the Zy could contain that hunting instinct, alone and surrounded by bags of weak, soft flesh begging to be ripped apart... at least that's how I imagine Terrans and Cyrvans especially would seem to a Zy from what I read about it. Wouldn't be a problem in the cockpit, but on deck, after a while...

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
I wonder if the Zy could contain that hunting instinct, alone and surrounded by bags of weak, soft flesh begging to be ripped apart... at least that's how I imagine Terrans and Cyrvans especially would seem to a Zy from what I read about it. Wouldn't be a problem in the cockpit, but on deck, after a while...

Everyone has to carry a sidearm around him/her... (How do Zy genders work?)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Fur'angle pilot

For some reason I can't help but hear "Black Spathi Squadron" when someone says that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story