Author Topic: A good reference point for the death star run  (Read 2670 times)

A good reference point for the death star run
This is from Rogue Squadron II on the gamecube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhul4PdeyY

Two things I noticed in the trench run video were that there are no ties and there are no turrets. Those are the main things. Other than that, try to get this as close to X-wing Alliance as possible. I need something like that so I don't have to buy a joystick just to play a star wars game.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Re: A good reference point for the death star run
I think that if we'll end up having a trench run then you'd find it to be much more authentic than that one, at least in terms of gameplay and feel if not in visuals.

:D

I think that if we'll end up having a trench run then you'd find it to be much more authentic than that one, at least in terms of gameplay and feel if not in visuals.

:D

That is what i'm looking for. All i'm saying is that there needs to be tie fighters gunning for me and turrets firing wildly into the air hoping to shoot me down. Like star wars trilogy arcade, but non linear. This is star wars trilogy arcade btw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYRxiGovuc

Like that but with an X-wing alliance feel.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
My thoughts exactly. Don't worry, there's actually some pretty extensive plans already on how such a mission would work, both technically and in terms of gameplay.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Heh, I've seen that Star Wars Trilogy Arcade before, though I didn't get the chance to play it.  It looked like a blast.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Don't forget to make TIE fighters harder to kill in FotG... :nervous:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I used to draw a crowd when I played the SWT Arcade... typically beat all three levels without dying. ^_^
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod