Author Topic: Freespace Modding Tutorial Videoes  (Read 12158 times)

Offline Blazar

Re: Freespace Modding Tutorial Videoes
@bigchunk1
Amazingly good idea. :nod:
As a new fan of Modding i have often wondered the last few months why there wasn't a complete video tut yet. (i guessed mainly because of the work involved?)
I have already read most of the great and very extensive tut's here and at the wiki but an additional video tut will be very good as a complementary tool.
So i really support you in this great effort. Very very nice. :yes:

By the way i did find a few vid's on Youtube:
http://youtu.be/TGoU712oe2A
http://youtu.be/kpG8iAxoohs

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
How to import mod assets tutorial added. Next we will get into more advanced tabling features, eventually we will see a whole lot more types of tables.

@Blazar Yes, I saw those videoes after I started making this video series. I plan to complete the series anyways and go from there.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Two more videoes are up. Making new weapons and Selecting effects to draw.

If there's anyone new to modding and following along, is everything is making sense so far? Even though I hope you are trying things out on your own as well, I want to make sure this series is more or less complete.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:05:51 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Online wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
It is exceptionally clear, you are very good at explaining :) Thank you so much again for making these!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Modding kind of forks from here in terms of topics. One could cover the sounds.tbl and other .tbl types, but I decided to start getting into .pcs2 since it was specifically requested. There's a good chance I will go back and cover other topics later.

@wookieejedi That's very encouraging to hear, thanks.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
New video up for anyone following the series. This one covers how to create a .pof file. Next video will cover editing of .pof files using .pcs2.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Great! That's something I don't have much experience with yet.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Finally got a tutorial out on editing .pof files using pcs2. Here we cover the basics of rigging a fighter. Turrets, normals and subsystems will be covered in a later capship rigging video.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Online wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Awesome!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
The last of the tutorial videos I had planned is now complete. This last one covers subsystems and turreting in pcs2. I may or may not make additional videos. We'll see.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Blazar

Keep up the good work! :nod:

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
A suggestion:

It might be useful to have a more detailed bullet point list in your post with what your videos are about. The idea is that later forum searches would pick up those keywords and lead people to this thread.

I finally took your advice and modified the original post. Hopefully it looks more clean and organised now.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
bigchunk, you are the best! couldn't for the love of god find out how to scale a ship before i watched this
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
OMG.... How did I not see this before!! Your vids are so tremendously helpful... Favorited! Btw can we has this stikied now? pretty pls?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Nah, it'd be better if it was linked in that stickied thread.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

But it is. The "sticky thread" links to the wiki page about it. Perhaps it should also link to this thread. Also, the wiki page is outdated.