Author Topic: Structure of next release  (Read 4671 times)

Offline CT27

Structure of next release
Just curious:

When Part II of Nostos is released, will it be put in its own campaign file or will chapters one and two be released together in one package/file?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Structure of next release
Good question. It will probably come as separate mod with main INF: Nostos as parent mod. More stuff at Knossos mod list! R2 will also bring it's own assets to the party. If you launch R2, you will also be capable of launching R1 campaign from there.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Using tbms usually makes the techroom look wonky though.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We have not given much thought into how to release R2, because R2 is far from being done.  There’s also been a decent amount of changes for R1, including new ships having replaced old ones in the previous Nostos release, so it might end up making more sense to combine R1 and R2 into one campaign.  To be seen.

Offline 5thAce

With all the work going into inferno, it's sounding like it will be the mod of the century! Would R1 + R2 total to something around 30 missions? Concluding the EA war?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
R1 and R2 cover the same period as INFR1. R2 will end with end of EA war. If I remember correctly, we have 15 missions of R1 and 14 in R2, but second part of R2 is still being discussed and may change.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
With all the work going into inferno, it's sounding like it will be the mod of the century! Would R1 + R2 total to something around 30 missions? Concluding the EA war?

There will be 13 missions in R2's main campaign (of which 5 are complete and 1 is half complete), give or take 1 and not including any SOC loops or optional missions (probably 3 or 4, of which 2 are complete). R2 will conclude the EA war. We might end up cutting or replacing a mission for R1, but my focus now is on fredding R2 from scratch.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.