Author Topic: Mando's spacestation WIP thread  (Read 2474 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Mando's spacestation WIP thread
do not worry, I have not gone crazy, and yes I am still working on the other ships, but I am waiting on feedback on the scimitar so I can hand it over to my skinner, and I do plan to finally make the warpod fix later today. The reason for this thread is that we are in MUCH greadter need of spacestations iin comparison to ships, so I loaded up on of my older stations I needed to finigh, and finished off the base, and I am now posting it up here for review and comments. and dont worry, I will be adding more fine details like antenaes and dishes later
So here it the Shipyard orbital dock, it is a general repair and rest starbase capable of fixing any ship from starfighter to capital ships like a mon cal star cruiser or a VSD, or perhaps a ISD in the larger versions. They are a common sight at shipyards such as sluis van, mon cal, kuat and most others. it has minimal armanent, but usual protocal usualy has a group of them in a shipyard protected by a garrison onboard, and a golan spacegun 1 (some golans may be coming soon), and they have 2 massive drydocks for capital ships, multiple docking ports for frieghters and medium sized ships, and 4 hanger bays for small craft.

so feed back would be nice, and I will be adding more detailing, and that mock-up of a mon cal cruiser is for ref only

and there is another ref I used, but the one below was the main one

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Mando's spacestation WIP thread
Looks awesome, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came in really handy for FREDers. These things tend to be necessary, but often they're in short supply, as people focus on ships.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I do find that odd, as space stations can be some of the most memorable and iconic vessels in a space game.  This is starting off like it could be a very memorable station, although I'm trying to figure something out.  Are those Mon Cal cruisers launching from it?  Or is that some sort of smaller ship I'm not familiar with?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The vessel looks Mon Calmari, but it's not an MC80 or any other cruiser that I know. Perhaps some other model, perhaps smaller (some variant of Mon Calmari frigate?).

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I believe those are dry-docks for large ships such as mon-cals, which is there for scale reference.

That said, the main challenge for this station will be to make it sufficiently detailed to maintain a sense of scale when flying around it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The one launching in the pic, maybe an MC40?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
ok as interesting and big, and as much as a chalenge that big one is, I have another station that I think may be a better option to pursue first
I would like to present my Golan spacegun mk1 model. now this is how it is currently, now it isnt going to stay that way, as I plan to: add a lot more detailing, round a handful of surfaces, do a slight bit of reimagining, and of course ad TURRETS. here is the wiki link for those of you who do not know what it is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Golan_Space_Defense_SpaceGun
advice, permission, etc are readily accepted

[attachment deleted by a basterd]