Author Topic: Forum game: RP discussion thread  (Read 15823 times)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Given that Hartzaden had already issued the order in the game thread, and I thought Veers had already started the 3rd Fleet massacre RP plotline, I chose to go ahead with my post. If I have to change anything, I'll just say that Santiago jumped the gun a bit when issuing his condemnations.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: RP discussion thread
Given that Hartzaden had already issued the order in the game thread, and I thought Veers had already started the 3rd Fleet massacre RP plotline, I chose to go ahead with my post. If I have to change anything, I'll just say that Santiago jumped the gun a bit when issuing his condemnations.
Yes, I'll be talking about Hartzaden's admiral too if I make a post, but if the order is dropped, we can all just say it was down to a lack of information on the situation and this new admiral. The post will be basically Lorric's speculations anyway, which is perfectly "real" and believable I think as to what the reaction would be if this was real.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Lorric, if you have any service records ready, please send them my way. It'll be handy for the victory video
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

I'll get a post up tomorrow, expanding my message to all units. That should help clear things up rather than splitting the fleets in two :) And what does your fleet record look like?, much easier to borrow it than create my own :D
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Flak

So, maybe the last promotion option can be chosen (AKA your admiral becomes Steele).

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So I binged up on the RP posts for the last two days. Quite something. I wish I had participated. Just had to mention that to you guys.  :yes:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

Well it's not over yet. You still can get something in there before the victory video, or when we invade Hierarchy Space...

You could even go back and post something from earlier turns. It's been done before by people catching up.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I've enjoyed making mine and reading those of others very much. They've really enhanced the experience. :)

Offline LoneFan

In retrospect, the UGCR should have named their ships after prominent economists. The "John Maynard Keynes",  "Daron Acemoğlu", "John Law", ect.

The "Inevitably successful in all things" sounds way too gaudy and a little forced.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The "Inevitably successful in all things" sounds way too gaudy and a little forced.

Y U NO LIKE MY NAME :(

:lol:

Actually, it's a StarControl 2 reference (namely the 1st Melnorme ship you meet) so I thought it was quite appropriate for the UGCR :)

edit: though I'll agree that it looked a little silly in the victory video, waaay too long  :lol:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

I was like :confused: when I first saw it, but once niffiwan revealed where it came from it made perfect sense.

Me, I would have gone with names like "Return on Investment" and "Hostile Takeover" and the like. :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
So, forus new to this RP thing, how it work?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Lorric

So, forus new to this RP thing, how it work?
We have a thread to create role play for the forum game here:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85262.0

I made this thread you're in now so we'd have someplace to talk about it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :yes:

Cheers L man.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Lorric

Just wanted to show you something I found months ago, I was hoping to use it in the RP:

I was going to pass it off as a Zy toy, and try to spin something about maybe they're just like us deep down or something like that. Maybe it would be taken from the wreckage of a Zy ship. But I never engaged the Zy at all, and that idea went out of the window anyway as soon as Tauri was destroyed.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Good to hear from you, Hartzaden. BTW, do you personally share your RP character's attitude on exterminating the Hierarchy forces, and would it be a personal sore spot if our characters were to have an RP disagreement over the subject?

Now that Hartzaden's RPed on the subject, does anyone here have any good ideas on how to resolve the whole "3rd Fleet Massacre" plotline, besides kinda just letting it drop? Spoon, do you have any comments?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
It could serve as an inter-faction tension starter for the next game... :drevil:
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

I think we can probably let it go, since the story he's going with is that the Hertak didn't try to surrender.

Of course, he didn't offer them surrender either, but just because our roleplay said that we were making efforts to offer a surrender to the enemy / capture the enemy doesn't mean it should override his RP if you ask me. I think we've arrived at a happy medium with this, and we can end it here personally. And also, we certainly didn't make efforts to capture anyone in the final turn video either. We wiped them all out.

Good to hear from you, Hartzaden. BTW, do you personally share your RP character's attitude on exterminating the Hierarchy forces, and would it be a personal sore spot if our characters were to have an RP disagreement over the subject?

Now that Hartzaden's RPed on the subject, does anyone here have any good ideas on how to resolve the whole "3rd Fleet Massacre" plotline, besides kinda just letting it drop? Spoon, do you have any comments?

actualy i do have something that i did share the idea with spoon a wile ago, it all depends on if you can get classified information out of someone (Alcott) who is used to running black ops for the CRF.

I think we can probably let it go, since the story he's going with is that the Hertak didn't try to surrender.

you can play it that way if you wish, i will tell you OOC that shes NOT telling you the whole story unless she sees a reasion to.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:38:27 pm by Hartzaden »

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
OK, I'm game.  :cool: Continuing the 3rd Fleet Massacre plotline will give us RPers something to do until Forum Game 2, which probably won't be for quite a while, presuming that Spoon even does it at all.

Offline Lorric

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure how to go about it, but it could be worth pursuing. :)