Author Topic: mission editor  (Read 2788 times)

i just download the 3rd release yesterday and attempted to make my own mission for the first time but after i was finished and i saved it i loaded the game and went under missions and it doesnt show it listed if anyone can help me i would appreciate it"?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You have remembered to change from campaign missions to single missions in the techroom simulator right? If it's showing you the names of the missions from raider wars (or whichever campaigns you've downloaded) then you've forgotten.

If so tell me exactly where you saved it.

BTW you might want to check out the FRED Academy if you want to learn how to FRED. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:24:55 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

yes i switched between campaign and single mission it saves it to
the babylon project under data and under save type it says freespace2 missions (*.fs2) also i downloaded the earth mimbari wars and under campaigns it only show a demo?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The EA-Minbari war campaign was a demo released with Release 1 of TBP. It's been updated for R3 but it's still just the demo :)

You should save to \data\missions but that's mostly just to keep things tidy as \data is checked as well.

If you used the same filename as one of the existing missions it would be hiding on the campaigns page.

Does the mission still load in FRED? (FRED has been known to corrupt missions before. Fortunately I've gotten quite good at repairing them so if that's the case we can save your work).

ive saved it under data but the only missions it show are in the campaign list and that the demo in the mission editor i can bring up my saved mission but for some reason it doesnt find it under the mission list in tbp?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Try moving it to \data\missions.

i got it working just had to save it under the missions file thankyou for you help though

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Don't know why that worked. It shouldn't have. Oh well I guess you don't care that much now that it does work :D

Offline Roanoke

When I first got in FS FRED2 would save to Data/Freddocs....:wtf:

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Warp effect generation...
I've made a jumppoint at coordinates (-554.3,702.8,-5184.2) and an event in which a freighter arrives using the jumpgate.

What are the correct origin and location data to generate a warp effect at the jumpgate?
( i'm using the special-warp effect SEXP...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline camcanr

• Got Blarrg?
In release Two I made a mission and saved it, started it up, went to tech, Mission simulator and I could not find my mission. What do I do?
If this doesen't work, we'll all be talking Shivan.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Have you saved the mission in \Data\ rather than \Data\Missions\ by accident? Have you checked that the tech room is looking at single missions rather than campaign ones?