Author Topic: Multiplayer?  (Read 2132 times)

Im new to all this freespace stuff and well me and a mate want to do multiplayer but how do we do it so we can fight 1 vs 1 and choose any ship we want?

Will post files when I get home...here's what I had

TBP 3.2
Raider Wars 2.0
Raider Wars 2.01 patch
fs2open_pxo.cfg  (inside the "/data" folder) get it here
register a username at game-warden register here

Start multiplayer game

Go to multiplayer options and input the details you registered at game-warden (into in the PXO box, bottom left). Other options to select - IPX, i set my object update to high since I'm on broadband.

Go back to the main screen, select continue to join the server.  You will have hacked table files (since you're playing TBP...)

You can now create/join TBP games as arranged with your friends.

Unfortunately the 2 multiplayer missions we have weren't included with 3.2 I will supply a link tonight, check back here

Open ports 7117 and 7808 on TCP and UDP in your firewall if you still have problems.  Allow windows firewall to unblock if necessary.

Multiplayer missions are available
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

thanks we got all the things working its just we wanted to to fight without any AI and choose any ship like a deathmatch kinda thing.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You'll need a deathmatch mission set up for you.

Sadly I'm busy or I'd knock one up for you. Can't imagine it taking longer than 20 minutes or so to make even if you spent a while on bells and whistles.

If you take a look at the FRED documentation you might even be able to knock one out yourself.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I've tried using fred but it doesn't seem to like my computer crash's.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I was going to make one and then I remembered that there's a dogfight mission available for download on this thread.

I downloaded it and edited it so i can have more ships, can you not use the cruisers and big EA battle ships because they was not on the list just fighters and the whitstar which want allow you to add guns to it.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You can only use the player flyable ships like those you mention.

To be honest I've never found flying capships much fun anyway. You'd need to specially FRED a mission if you wanted to be able to choose your targets etc. Plus there are certain problems with it which mean that unless you make yourself invulnerable you risk crashing the game.