Author Topic: Ivanova's Last Stand  (Read 6851 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
those screens look good, looking forward to play this one  :nod:

i believe earth got the shadow tech because the clark regime had connections with the shadows like ambasador molari had with mister morden.

EA found shadow vessels on dead worlds (eg Mars) where the shadows had hidden them before they left 1000 years ago. But they were not able to integrate the technology into a vessel until the PSI Corps made an agreement with the shadows. The shadows gave Earth the technological knowhow to build the Shadow Hybrid and later on the Omega-X and the Black Omega Tbolts for telephats and secret recon.
The connection between Clarke and the shadows was established by the PSI Corps which always had a hand into Clarks politics.
(see the coming episodes of the campaign "The Black Hand" "Odysse" [coming this spring] and "Acts Of Terror" [no specified release date so far] for details on this approach)

I found this is the most plausible explanation for the Omega-X
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Um.. the Shadow Hybrid is a supperior design to the Omega-X.  I'm of a mind that an even deeper level of government (Bureau 13 or further) was in contact with the Shadows since before Clark and PSI corps did.  The Shadows contracted with them for a prototype advanced warship, incorporating certain Human design elements.  For one reason or another, this ship was never put into production, and only ever reported contact with it was by Gideon.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

Um.. the Shadow Hybrid is a supperior design to the Omega-X.  I'm of a mind that an even deeper level of government (Bureau 13 or further) was in contact with the Shadows since before Clark and PSI corps did.  The Shadows contracted with them for a prototype advanced warship, incorporating certain Human design elements.  For one reason or another, this ship was never put into production, and only ever reported contact with it was by Gideon.

Is iit superior? I think it was the first EA-Shadow prototypes... (Shadow Hybrid destroyes EAS Ceberus: 2257 - EA Omega-X squadron engages Whitestar fleet: 2261 - ISA Excalibur destroys Shadow hybrid: 2267)
And that bureau 13 adn the PSI Corps have been working hand in hand for a while should be obvious after '"Spider in the Web" [I can't get the exact name of the episode right now 'cause a friend of mine has got my B5-DVD-cases right now]... this "Lazarus"-project cyborg was more than simply programmed (wasn't there a shot where see a PSI Cop? - Ahh I've to get my DVDs back  :mad:)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Hybrid was CLEARLY supperior.  For one, it was armed with full-fledged shadow weapons, and not those fusion lasers of the Omega-X.  A single sustained volley from its forward beam was able to completely tear appart the Ceberus, which definitely puts it supperior to the Omega-X.  It was also able to mask its sensor signature somewhat, as the Ceberus couldn't get a reading on it until it closed in for the kill.  Now, if we had seen it phase-jump, that would have been another example of its supperiority.

My remark about Bureau 13 was merely as an example.  It would be a group of individuals conspiring to sustain and maintain their own interests, regardless of who is in office.

Offline 0rph3u5

The Hybrid was CLEARLY supperior.  For one, it was armed with full-fledged shadow weapons, and not those fusion lasers of the Omega-X.  A single sustained volley from its forward beam was able to completely tear appart the Ceberus, which definitely puts it supperior to the Omega-X.  It was also able to mask its sensor signature somewhat, as the Ceberus couldn't get a reading on it until it closed in for the kill.  Now, if we had seen it phase-jump, that would have been another example of its supperiority.

My remark about Bureau 13 was merely as an example.  It would be a group of individuals conspiring to sustain and maintain their own interests, regardless of who is in office.

I simply wanted to keep the PSI Corps into play at this topic  :D
if you look at the scenes another time the Ceberus took hell of a beating before going down....  EA still had trouble with targeting Minbari vessels in 2259 at some places maybe it was just that the Ceberus was badly damaged or had a Windows 98 based targeting computer  :D
since we never saw the battle between the excalibur and the hybrid I think we can not say if ift has the ability to phase in/out

==================

Offline ZhaHaDum1972

• What do you want?
   Well, As it allways happens, Life has come to me in an unexpected way.  Due to this, my work on this mission has come to grinding halt indefinatly for the time being. 

So, if anyone wants to finish it, or to have the unfinished version. PM me.

Sorry, but as the saying goes, "My shoes are too tight , so I can't dance." Ambassador Millari.

See ya on the flip side.
Zathrus know, but not know at same time.

I Am the Right hand of vengence. And the Boot That is going to kick your Sorry Ass all the way back to earth. I am death incarnet, And the last living thing you are ever going to see.
   GOD SENT ME!!!
Ivanova in Between the light and the Darkness."

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Well, As it allways happens, Life has come to me in an unexpected way. Due to this, my work on this mission has come to grinding halt indefinatly for the time being.

So, if anyone wants to finish it, or to have the unfinished version. PM me.

My version of this mission is 75% done and will feature in the B5 Heat Em Up Campaign which will be released this summer :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Roanoke

I had a fully working No Surrender No Retreat, including all the dialogue 'n' what not but gave up when I saw how the Whitestars behaved. Probably could have fixed it with waypoints 'n' things but I didn't fancy a botch.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Just a thought, switch the AI class on the Whitestars from the "EA Pilot" (or "EA Elite") to "Minbari Pilot" and see what happens.

in 3.3 there is also a Shadow Pilot AI setting, IIRC...

Offline 0rph3u5

Just a thought, switch the AI class on the Whitestars from the "EA Pilot" (or "EA Elite") to "Minbari Pilot" and see what happens.

does not do a thing...
scenarios featuring AI-WS are doomed to death up until a new AI comes cause 1) the WS can be turned on a dime (and the AI uses this all time) and 2) is that large so the AI can't propable deal with it...
it would be nice if there could be a gunship AI coming which does not always uses the full agility of the WS and can deal the WS's seize properly

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
in 3.3 there is also a Shadow Pilot AI setting, IIRC...

I wanted to include one for each race but the ai.tbl is still a little touchy.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Too bad AI can't be tied into species_def.tbl.  We could have different AI profiles for each species.