Author Topic: n00b Attempts Shivan Mod (contains screenshots)  (Read 55432 times)

Re: n00b Attempts Shivan Mod (contains screenshots)
I'll take a look later. Not a clue what to do for CB anis, though. The files themselves aren't particularly space efficient.

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
You can use the loadout anis and stuff that I had made awhile ago. I haven't kept up with FS stuff though so I don't know if SCP changes how anything works

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44898.0.html

edit: hell, I'll even let you use the mainhall I made if you want... tell me if you do and I'll upload the files somewhere. Here's a preview image:  http://www.sectorgame.com/hiddenterror/screenshots/mainhallpreview.jpg   The buttons are animated, printscreen just wouldn't let me show it

« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:21:00 am by DragonClaw »

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
That manihall looks like from Hidden Terror ... And the link says Hidden Terror ... Do you have anything to do with Hidden Terror ?

Offline DragonClaw

Yes, I was the project leader.... until I decided to trash it because I had no FREDers and I sucked at making missions

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
WHAT ?!  :eek:

Oh c'mon . You didn't delete your files , right ? You couldn't have !  :shaking:

Well , anyway , do you still have your HiddenTerror files ? Could you upload somewhere ?

Maybe all 3 of us could try to make a shivan campaign together . A mini-campaign at least . Cause FreeSpace doesn't have any Shivan campaign at all .

The large animations look very good, and I think I'll be adding those to what I've got. The mainhall also looks good, and I'd like to use it, if possible.

EDIT: No 640x480 version?

If you need shivan missiles, try changing the map on belial.pof (cyclops model) to SCap02a, it gives for one of the coolest reskins I've seen (and it's on a frikken missiles model!).

Awesome!

Offline DragonClaw

Nah I don't have a 640x480 version for the loadout ani's... figured it wasn't worth the effort considering you really have to have the worst computer imaginable to not be able to run a higher resolution.

Here's the mainhall stuff, should work

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VI4FMAQY

Shadow -
   I still have all my files, but most of it is what I've already posted... the missions I did do are not presentable and the weapons/etc are not balanced. And pretty much everything else has been redone by BlackHole already so to host my stuff would be a waste

The mod so far:

http://download.yousendit.com/3D9CE6EB0AD1745C

Includes a multiplayer mission for testing, and some stuff mentioned in this thread.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
MEGAUPLOAD ! NO ! PLEASE , ANYTHING ELSE BUT NOT MEGAUPLOAD !  :shaking:

Seriously , megaupload doesn't work to me ...  :(

And are we gonna join up into a small team , or simply remain on our own ?

I'd prefer to create a team or something. That way, we might stand a chance of releasing something complete, particularly since we're likely to have skills in different areas.

*slaps a "table editor" sign on self*

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I can kinda make models ... But someone would have to UV map them and then texture ...

Also , I have a little understanding in table editing . And I can do pretty basic FREDing .

Can I assume ShadowGorrath is the only other person interested in this? Some feedback on the mod would be nice too. According to YouSendIt it's been downloaded all of 4 times...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The images look sweet. Nice :yes:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The following comment might be a bit bas***d, but:

Do you really have to release a campaign based on this MOD? You can release the interface first, the campaign would follow in a second moment. The interface seems almost done, the campaign will need time(FREDding, testing) so, as result, the release of this interesting MOD could be delayed.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*agrees with mobius* :nod:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
When I try to select the weapon load-out screen , I get this :
Code: [Select]
Error: Could not load in '2_weaponloadout-m'!
File: MissionWeaponChoice.cpp
Line: 2890

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20071007T.exe 00655bbb()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Do you really have to release a campaign based on this MOD? You can release the interface first, the campaign would follow in a second moment. The interface seems almost done, the campaign will need time(FREDding, testing) so, as result, the release of this interesting MOD could be delayed.

What's so good about the interface? :doubt: :rolleyes:

When I try to select the weapon load-out screen , I get this :
Code: [Select]
Error: Could not load in '2_weaponloadout-m'!
File: MissionWeaponChoice.cpp
Line: 2890

Call stack:
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20071007T.exe 00655bbb()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

I've seen no such problem, either with 3.6.9 or 3.6.10_20071128, but then again, I've changed the tables a few times since I put up the download. Also, it looks like a file that simply has white boxes around where the buttons are, and I haven't changed those at all.

We should also get in touch through IM or IRC to start coordinating. Your preferred contact method?

The campaign is not necessary, though I still need some sort of setting/background to be able to rewrite tech descriptions and other strings from the shivan perspective. Then again, that isn't strictly necessary either. The tables are the most important thing in this mod, but I'm not finished with them yet (mostly adding new secondary weapons to replace the GTVA ones, mostly retextures of existing missiles). Table changes also need a fair bit of... playtesting... :P

Since I put up that download I've changed the colours of the missile trails of shivan weapons to something I hope is suitably shivan (sort of a light pink) and added a harpoon replacement (used a retextured interceptor.pof).

What's so good about the interface? :doubt: :rolleyes:

It's mostly the tables I'm interested in. Pretty much everything that's there is a stopgap until it gets replaced by something better. Like I said before, I'm no artist, and the interface is a simple recolour of the original. I hope it looks slightly more shivan than the original, but I don't expect much more than that.

Okay, I managed to get myself a free web host and put up an index page with what little html I remember:

http://www.zendurl.com/shivans/

I think I'll have to start learning html, css and all that stuff soon. :P

Meanwhile, for those who haven't downloaded the mod so far, but want to know what's different gameplay wise from the vanilla fs2 tables (aesthetic changes like retexturing and the fact you're flying shivan ships are not listed here):

All weapons listed below have their armour, shield and subsystem factors set to 1.0 and so may be superior to GTVA counterparts if comparisons are made. They are also likely to be highly unbalanced the way they are now (needs playtesting and subsequent fixing)

Primary Weapons

Changes so far:

• Added Shivan Rapid-Fire Laser - similar to the subach in damage, except twice the shots/second
  • Added Shivan Sniper Laser - 2km range, enormous damage, but can only fire every 2 seconds, large energy drain
  • Added Shivan Ultra Laser - enormous damage per second, extreme energy drain
  • Added Shivan Plasma Cannon - acts like a cyclops bomb (including being able to destroy capital ships) except moves faster and can't be shot down (though with slightly less range), applies full damage to shielding, so can be effective against tight formations of fighters, can only be used by the taurvi, in the single gun bank, uses 80% of maximum gun energy per shot

Planned Changes:

None, apart from possible aesthetic/balance changes

Secondary Weapons

Changes so far:

• Added Shivan Bomb - same as cyclops
  • Added Shivan Megabomb - same as helios

Changes since the download was posted:

• Added Shivan Interceptor - same as harpoon

Planned Changes

• Add dumbfire missile
  • Add heatseeking missile
  • Add dumbfire bomb (likely shorter range and less damage, though more can be carried)

Ships

Changes since the download was posted:

• Changed the turrets on the nephilim and seraphim to use the Shivan Rapid-Fire Laser

Planned Changes:

None, apart from possibly giving the bombers afterburners (though the nahema already has them)

If you want to post a shivan weapon wishlist (or any other shivan wishlist, though new ships will likely not be added unless there is great demand and an existing model/willing modeller), now is the time. :P

Other comments/criticisms/offers of help welcome too.