Author Topic: $flag issue  (Read 2382 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Hey-ho dear community :)

I have two different mod folders:
- StormFrontStock which contains a ship.tbl and a sfs-shp.tbm. The sfs-shp.tbm cintains all flag entries except "in tech database", in the tbl flag entries have been made defunct (if they aren't the issue remains the same)
- StormFront_1+2 which contains a sf12-shp.tbm which only contains "in tech database" entries.

Now the issue is that the doesn't seem to recognise flags like "cruiser" or "capital" because if I open fred I can't add capital weapons to capital ships. The ships editor only shows me weapons without the "huge" flag. If I put the "cruiser", "capital" etc. flags into the sf12-shp.tbm everything works fine.

It's not a major issue to me but why is that so?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:07:09 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'm too sleepy to answer the main question (I'll get back to it tommorow), but I can tell you that "mayor" means a poilitican who is ruling a town. The word you should have used is "major" (both the millitary rank and "big" meanings use this spelling).[/spelling nazi]  :)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Hey-ho dear community :)

I have two different mod folders:
- StormFrontStock which contains a ship.tbl and a sfs-shp.tbm. The sfs-shp.tbm cintains all flag entries except "in tech database", in the tbl flag entries have been made defunct (if they aren't the issue remains the same)
- StormFront_1+2 which contains a sf12-shp.tbm which only contains "in tech database" entries.

Now the issue is that the doesn't seem to recognise flags like "cruiser" or "capital" because if I open fred I can't add capital weapons to capital ships. The ships editor only shows me weapons without the "huge" flag. If I put the "cruiser", "capital" etc. flags into the sf12-shp.tbm everything works fine.

It's not a mayor issue to me but why is that so?
First, I would make sure that FRED is in fact loading everything that you think it is. You can check what FRED is loading by looking at the fred2_open.log that is generated by a debug FRED.

Next I would try removing the + from the second folder name just to see if it helps. Again a fred2_open.log would also clarify the problem.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Simple.

The first loaded tbm with $Flags overrides any $Flags coming after it, including both tbm's and tbl's. Now, you can either include all flags in the first loaded tbm or you can add +noreplace right after the $Flags line.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Simple.

The first loaded tbm with $Flags overrides any $Flags coming after it, including both tbm's and tbl's. Now, you can either include all flags in the first loaded tbm or you can add +noreplace right after the $Flags line.
Ahh, right, the intricacies of the tbm system.  With all of the layers, I sometimes really wonder how you tablers don't go insane.

I will now go and hide in the boards that I actually have some knowledge about. ;)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I sometimes really wonder how you tablers don't go insane.
Who says we don't or haven't?

Offline SF-Junky

Simple.

So, so. And I was of the opinion that $flag lines wouldn't override "previous" flags, but only extrend them. That's why I made the $flgas line in the table file defunct. Good to know that the solution is that simple. Do I need the +nocreate line in every .tbm or just the one that comes first in the rank?

@Dragon
Thank you, my spelling feuhrer. I'll immetiately correct it. Jawoll! :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:12:20 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Do I need the +nocreate line in every .tbm or just the one that comes first in the rank?
Err... you need to use +nocreate after $Name every time you don't set whole table entry.

Offline SF-Junky

Man, I really need to pay more attention to what I write. :banghead: :rolleyes:

I meant the +noreplace line of course, not the +nocreate line. This table editing is driving me crazy... :nervous:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Assuming you have two tbm's that both are supposed to ADD to the $Flags, not replace, then you need to use +noreplace in both tbm's. Otherwise you get flags only from the tbm's, with second loaded tbm overriding that of the tbl's.