Author Topic: GtCv Concord WIP  (Read 2185 times)

GTCv Concord WIP...Name change possible.

Still a long way to go in most cases. But some areas are detailed. Yes I know the gun barrels are supposed to be pointing up, but that's later when I get this into a .POF file.

All the best,
Jadehawk

https://p3d.in/1pfCG
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
I didn't check the model since I'm on mobile. But I've been keeping tabs on what you've been up to lately, and I believe you're making a huge mistake: You're jumping from project to project, and not taking any of them to completion.
It would be a much better learning experience if you just took one of the ships you're doing, and focus on it to completion, even if you need to rebuild it, etc.

My 2 cents :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The shape is good. Kind of seems like the Deimos by way of Stratcomm's ships. Needs better definition though I think - more detail defining the shape of the hull, if you get what I mean? To me it kind of looks like a retail mesh with detailed greebles tacked on to it.

It's a good time to fix that kind of an issue though! Consider looking down at it from above - are those shapes on the left and right of the bow supposed to be round, or angular the way they are now? If they're meant to be angular, own it - spread it out, define the harder edges, make it obvious. If it's meant to be curved, make sure it's curved, and define the curve with plenty of polies.

Just make sure you're building on a solid foundation. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Thanks folks!
Yes I know I got 4 projects going and yes again it can be out of control, but fear not, They will be completed non the less. :)

This ship is in a basic shape as you already seen and has a long way to go. And yes again, the Deimos, which I really love that shape was the basis for this design. Like my other projects, I like feedback from the community to help guide my thoughts and influences to help plan and move these projects along.

Thanks for the replies and by all means, keep them all coming, both good and bad! :)

All the best,
Jadehawk

I like it so far, especially from behind with the bunch of engines! It gives the feel of speed for me, like a sport car :D. I don't know, where do you want to put some smaller turret, but she seems defenseless from up behind to me... Those thingies on the bridge came from a Star Destroyer? (Not a problem though  :p)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I was gonna suggest that the ventral "chin" at the front, needs something more ventral at the back of the ship to balance it out.  I was gonna suggest you extend the central aft body down to match, but then I thought that perhaps the "wings" could be given more ventral bulk instead... perhaps a second row of engines, to match the chin.  Just my thoughts.

Also, those ball submodels on top resemble shield generators from Star Wars ISD.  Is this their purpose?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hmmz... My first attempt at making capships was looking similar.. It's not a bad thing :P. I guess all the modellers were starting from something like Concord.

My suggestion? Try to add some armor plating, greebles and stuff. Divide your faces onto more, and try to make some details based on subdivided faces... And don't base your details only on insert faces. See what you can do with Bevel. Also try to sneak peek some details from models of our senior modellers, and recreate them. When you start your adventure with modelling, feel free to do a lot of experiments with all the tools you have.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Farkas...Yes the Star Destroyer is where I got the idea for them...ahem! :)

Trivial Psychic, I did more work on this earlier in the day and will post another model Sunday. :) I also added another turret in the back under the engines. Maybe that might help with the balance?

The modeling on top is what I was thinking of as a long range passive mass sensor or PaMS for short for detecting ships passively in a silent running mode similar to what submarines do.

Hahaha Betrayal! Like minded folks I see :)
10-4 on your suggestions and will commence when I get CTB Condor completed. I may do them both side-by-side. But we'll see. :)

Thanks and all the best,
Jadehawk

I actually really like the smooth, clean look of the ungreebled surfaces in the current model. Too many models just have greebles and fine detail smeared across every surface and end up shapeless and uncontrasted.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

True, and this is where it's not easy striking a balance between greebling and plain model surfacing. My Forte is in texturing and as such, I can add more details there than on the model.

All the best,
Jadehak