Author Topic: Cutscenes  (Read 11597 times)

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
All they found out was how to play the file, not the actual info.
Hello, people...  Are you paying attention?  Can't we just ask the guy for the source, and export it as a DLL, and re-create the movie_play() function?  It's not like we're exporting the codec, all we need is the knowledge to play it.  As long as we don't exloit anything, there should be no problem with intraplay.  Am I wrong (seriously, am I)?
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It uses proprietary code, which was Interplay requested Descent-Network remove it from their page. Using it is not a good idea in any case.
-C

Offline Inquisitor

Quicktime is not a codec. Quicktime is a framework/API and a player that uses a number of codecs. Maybe a link that describes the difference between a codec and a player is in order...

There was a fledling java player, but I am not sure it ever made it off the developer lists. Too bad, it's an easy API to work with.

Anyway, sounds like there are a number of REALISTIC options here, but they are low priority to some of the other tasks.
No signature.

I've been messing around with DirectShow and its hell easy using it to play a video file to a window. It play's DivX files perfectly, and was easy to write an application for. I've just gotta get its messaging system sorted so you can skip movies and then it should be easy to write a movie_play function (which is pretty much what I did in my stand alone app anyway)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by ##UnknownPlayer##
and then it should be easy to write a movie_play function

:yes2:;7:yes:
-C