General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Feature wishlist for multiplayer

<< < (4/9) > >>

GameSlayerGS:
That sounds good, here's another suggestion that probably should go somewhere else, but here it is anyways. In multiplayer only, a player should have the option to control a turret on a ship, this ship could be another player's ship like a bomber or it could be a turret on a larger ship like a capital ship or a destroyer or something smaller like a cruiser. The player should not be able to control the turret on a ship that is "piloted" by an AI. If the ship is set to follow a course laid out by waypoints then the player could control the turret. Or of course if the ship is stationary then the player could control the turret but, never should the player control the turret of a ship being actively piloted by an AI.

This probably should have been posted somewhere for the people who could work on adding a feature as big as this, but it is a Multiplayer Feature Request" so...

Mura:
It's a good idea, but might be better suited for mod-only or new missions.

I think it is fairly possible to do gunner, as i've seen it already, there's would be a bunch of issues to fix in the loadout screen and the wing designation for it to not be too hack-ish, but i do like the idea, even better if the player can hop between turrets, just don't give him control of beams, cuz that would be super cheating  :D

GameSlayerGS:
Yeah, well... If the AI used regular (not anti-fighter) beams on fighters, would the AI be cheating.

Also, switching between positions would be great, because the player could control multiple turrets or control a turret on a bomber and be able to fly the ship around too. Because, being a gunner in a turret for a whole round could get a little boring.

Mura:
without counting when the turret gets blown up XD

Nah, being on a bomber and doing turret might be quite fun, since multi is usually played on insane, bombers get a LOT of AI attention.

Now, being turret on a capship, well that might be boring, but then again, this is where FREDing skills come in and save the day to make an interesting mission :)

GameSlayerGS:
Yeah, it depends if there is a capital ship on both teams and why it's there. If the capital ship is part of the mission objective, then having turrets to defend it with could be nice. (Kind of like in Star Wars BattleFront II)

But if the capital ship is more of a cruiser that's more maneuverable then it could be more interesting. It kind of depends whether we get a feature that let's players pilot capital ships.

What do you think about player's in turrets being multiplayer only. I think it doesn't have to be, but there should always be players in the ships. Since we all know that the AI isn't going to do very good without the players.

As for not counting a death when the turret gets blown up. That'd be great unless most mission objectives can be accomplished from the turret. Also the turret should have very little defense and should be easy to kill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version