FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Axem's Script & Lua SEXP Collection

<< < (4/8) > >>

Nightmare:
Interesting take on it. Possibly just add them to the MVPs?

wookieejedi:
Probably best to have them as their own separate mod, as the mvps are visual based. Also if the scripts were in their own mod then that would ensure a much smaller file size, so it would be far quicker to upload changes and new scripts, also for total conversions that use the scripts may not need the mvps (like Fate of the Galaxy).

I just posed this question on the discord so we can continue discussion there.

Sorry to Axem  for getting off topic on his thread!

Nightmare:
2 bug reports I have for this script:
-1: the script adds AI-Play-Dead for all ships using it but does not remove it at the end, which condemns all non-player ships using it to a live in eternal smugness;
-2: fighters jumping in appear outside the warphole when the waypoints (used for arrival and orientation) are placed along the Y-axis (that's a problem that already exists in the original script).

Axem:
Okay so 1, I see you fixed in your other thread. Would it be okay to take your fix (the other other few ones you had) there and apply it? :)

2, I can reproduce it and I've discovered the issue. It's a tricky one to fix. Basically there's some weird physics or momentum stuff going on. If you reduce the warpout speed factor to 0, the problem goes away. I will have to think of the best way to fix this without overcomplicating everything. :blah:

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Axem on June 12, 2019, 06:50:49 pm ---Okay so 1, I see you fixed in your other thread. Would it be okay to take your fix (the other other few ones you had) there and apply it? :)

--- End quote ---

All I did was adding

--- Code: ---mn.runSEXP("( clear-goals !" .. name .. "! )")
mn.runSEXP("( ship-lat-maneuver !" .. name .. "! 1000 0 0 " .. IMJump.Speed * 100 .. "( true ) )")
--- End code ---

at the bottom of the script (below the last "scripted SEXP" column). The second one was there because the arriving ships (at least, the corvette I tested it on) also continued to move at 10 m/s due to another ship-lat-maneuver at the begining of the script, where the movement lasted for 60 seconds. The rest is related to my custom edit, which turned out to be a mess but atleast works the way I intended.

1 tiny thing in terms of nitpicking: I can target the arriving fighter while it's still cloaked (about 1/3 second before it is decloaked). I don't know but this ship-stealthy flag behaves weird. :doubt:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version