Hosted Projects - Standalone > Solaris

Solaris (A FreeSpace Open Total Conversion)

<< < (45/48) > >>

Marguel:
Bump 'cause the next release is coming shortly!!! :D :D :D

Darius:
The next major update of Solaris is now on Knossos!

This is the first part of a two-part release, with upgrades to the already released Acts 1 and 2. Act 3 is nearly complete and will be coming soon!

In Solaris 2.2.0 you will find the following:

* New hud graphics
* Impact decals implemented
* Rewritten and rerecorded dialogue
* Bonus objectives added to most missions
* New HUD alert sounds for better player awareness
* Balance tweaks and general bug fixing throughout
* Music tweaks
I'd like to thank all the various testers and editors for their hard work in making sure this release shines as brightly as it can.

Happy shooting!

KNOWN BUGS:
In mission 4, enemy fighters set to depart via their carrier's fighterbay will warp out into hyperspace if their carrier jumps before they reach the hangar. This is likely due to them missing the "No Subspace Drive" flag and should be fixed by the next version.

Grizzly:
I've had the privilidge of testing this (and the upcoming act 3!) and this particular update is a big leap forward in storytelling and presentation.

It's quite amazing to see how much this little game has changed from that brave 1.0 release that I played and was rather harsh on. It's now one of my favourite FSO releases, in no small parts thanks to the many improvements that have been made over the years.

Back in the day I said that Solaris seemed a solid base to build on. I'm very happy to say now that it has proven to be just that.

Edit: yes i noticed 3 months later that i wrote "hash" instead of "harsh"

coupster103:
Can someone direct me to a build that will work with Solaris? I never had any bugs with the original releases, but seem to be having trouble lately. The most recent update gives me a ''no executable was found for this mod'' warning.

qweqwe321:
Darius, this is just fabulous. Haven't had this much fun in a campaign since my first time playing Blue Planet. A+.

Happy to offer my services as a voice actor, as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version