Author Topic: Video demonstration - UED Solaris  (Read 20886 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Video demonstration - UED Solaris
Probably the GTF Kulas ... hard to tell though.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Was that Solaris destroyer called the Eris? :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yeah. It's the UED Eris.
Why?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Darius

Wait, at 2:00 there's this greenish ship that I don't recall seeing on the site. :eek2:

Sharp eyes :)

There's a better shot of it elsewhere in the video if you look carefully.

Offline Droid803

I've always thought that is was just a UEF Kentauroi/FTF Jackal.
Also, what are the two ships that launch from the UED Eris at 2:23?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Wait, at 2:00 there's this greenish ship that I don't recall seeing on the site. :eek2:

Sharp eyes :)

There's a better shot of it elsewhere in the video if you look carefully.
At 3:20? The shape of it looks like it would be something --Steve-O-- would make but I've never seen it before.

I've always thought that is was just a UEF Kentauroi/FTF Jackal.
Also, what are the two ships that launch from the UED Eris at 2:23?
The Kentauroi has ludicrously long exhaust flames, and I believe the two ships launched from the Eris at 2:23 are the Durga bombers, judging by the engine configuration.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I have, but it's a good discussion point.

Ok, let me rephrase it :) They wouldn't need a military if they as an entire culture had achieved true spiritual enlightenment/evolution. Once you get to that stage you can't destroy the society through military means because they're at a stage where their power has moved beyond mere earthly military ability (somewhat like the transcended Teek (Ironheart) from Babylon 5 without the overt "energy being" status he gained).

Having just finshed Stargate SG-1, this makes me think of the Ancients
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline -Norbert-

If you never saw Babylon 5, that's actually a good way of describing what became of Ironheart, only that in his case it wasn't enlightenment that brought his change about, but the Psi Corps' experiments on him to enhance his already quite strong psychic powers (he was a P10; the strongest Human telepath' ever registered were P12.... I know there is this one person in the books who was a P13, but apart from his most trusted allies noone knew he even was a telepath, so no official record. And Lyta's change never found it's way into any official records either I'd bet).

Needless to say that Babylon 5 was there even before the Star Gate movie was made.
On the other hand Star Trek: Next Generation (Q being the most obvious example, but there were others too) had energy lifeforms even earlier (maybe The Original Series too... if you count that thing that was the manifested hatred of some species wiped out in a war hounding their killers or something like that), but I think Babylon 5 did a much better job with "their" energy lifeforms, as with so many other aspects.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Actually the Star Trek:TOS had many examples of energy beings.

But I agree. B5 did do a better job with their energy biengs than stargate or Star Trek.
Im a big B5 fan...

However, I recently finished watching Stargate SG1 from start tp finish - That is why I said that the term "Ascended beings" makes be think of the Stargate Ancients/Lanteans/Alterans...Whatever they were called.

But anyway i look forward to seeing how the Big Dee reallises this...Maybe the Solar Terrans have become very close to being the Ulitmate bhuddist (No offence to any followers of Bhuddism)

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline -Norbert-

For some reason were I life the TV stations only ever show Next Generation or Voyager and very seldom Deep Space Nince at times I can actually watch them.
The last time I really watched TOS must now be some 10 to 15 years in the past, so it's not too surprising that I don't remember too many details I guess...

But your right, the Ancients are a bit closer to what we discussed, since both in B5 and Star Trek the energy beings became that way by physical evolution rather than spriritual enlightenment like the ones in Stargate. I didn't think of that at first.

Right when you go to the Eris, then engage a couple Zeuses, theres a quick shot of some ships that reminds me of something from I THINK B5... dang  :eek2:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I guess you're talking about the Karuna Frigate, which has design similarities to the Omega Destroyer in terms of rotating section, bow shape, and fighterbay location.

Not exact mind you, but the features are inspired from the design.

Offline Droid803

Right when you go to the Eris, then engage a couple Zeuses, theres a quick shot of some ships that reminds me of something from I THINK B5... dang  :eek2:

That's an artillery ship.
IMO, it looks more like an Upsized UM-4 Tachyion gun (from Steve-O's fighterpack).
(´・ω・`)

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I guess you're talking about the Karuna Frigate, which has design similarities to the Omega Destroyer in terms of rotating section, bow shape, and fighterbay location.

Not exact mind you, but the features are inspired from the design.

I commented on this at great length once...

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline CaptJosh

Lessee, Original Star Trek energy beings...

Organians, Trelane and his parents, the Thasians (Charlie Evans benefactors in the episode "Charlie X")...
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Lessee, Original Star Trek energy beings...

Organians, Trelane and his parents, the Thasians (Charlie Evans benefactors in the episode "Charlie X")...
The Zetars, the Beta XII-A Entity, Gorgon, "God" from ST V:TFF, Redjac, Medusans, Companion, Dikironium cloud creature, Sargon's People may count as by the time of TOS, only their minds existed

ST:TOS had energy/gaseous beings coming out the ears.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline CaptJosh

I was trying not to get quite that in depth. I stated only the two most memorable examples, plus one from an episode recently watched.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline nuone

That video is amazing. Really looking forward to this game, even though it pains me to see Human on Human warfare.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Terran vs. Terran's the most intense though, they always get all the new ships and weapons.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Yes...I must admit, that in sci-fi i have a thing for Terran-vs-Terran civil war.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit