Author Topic: Director's Cut bug/feature triage *READ MEEE*  (Read 6652 times)

Re: Director's Cut bug/feature triage *READ MEEE*
I can understand leaving the slammers be on the UEF Uhlan if it's in space (but not if it flies in atmosphere), but please make the gattlers incompatible with this little craft :)

Also... Battuta, referring to a pm I sent you about disabling corvettes in Delenda Est and finding them alive later in Her Finest Hour, does your answer means that if I play at ridiculously easy difficulty and disable as many ships as I can, I will have a really smooth ride in Her Finest Hour? :wtf:

Offline Darius

Gattlers have been replaced with something a bit more appropriately sized.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I can understand leaving the slammers be on the UEF Uhlan if it's in space (but not if it flies in atmosphere), but please make the gattlers incompatible with this little craft :)

Also... Battuta, referring to a pm I sent you about disabling corvettes in Delenda Est and finding them alive later in Her Finest Hour, does your answer means that if I play at ridiculously easy difficulty and disable as many ships as I can, I will have a really smooth ride in Her Finest Hour? :wtf:

We have no way to pass information between different campaign files right now, so we can't account for ships you kill in Delenda Est when playing Her Finest Hour.

It turns out Darius had actually set up The Great Preservers so that you could kill the Abalam by taking out the reactor!

Not exactly a bug, but last week I did a playthrough of AoA, and there's a briefing implying that the Orestes isn't as mobile as the Temeraire, which seems contradictory to what we see the Erebus to be capable of, both in WiH and in the new techroom description.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Some of BP's sounds are really terrible. The sound when someone has a lock on you (or a missile is coming) is really bad and obnoxious. The siren in Artemis does not need to be there, it just deafens the voice acting.

Also give Tell a promotion and a gold-plated electric banjo.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 06:14:18 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Seconding the AOA lock tone complaint.  That was obnoxious in a bad way.  Realism is cool until it interferes with gameplay.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm down to soften those alerts, especially since you hear so many of them in capship command.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
EDIT: Please disregard , Issue fixed by downloading latest nightly.

Ah yeah one I forgot to mention previously; is anyone else finding if you start a mission the external weapon models of your fighter are invisible or vanish after a short moment of moving around? This is on my new rig (though I think I recall a similar issue on my old one).

The models seem to be working as if you check the option in the ship lab they show fine, so no idea what it is.

Log file below if it is of use. There were a couple of other bugs it brought up in the same run you can ignore (mostly due to add-on's I have made); an issue involving the Draco's primary capacities, and the first of the two missions I was testing on had an Erebus and a 'Jambhala' (my Vexor thingy i'm working on) which threw up a few bugs of their own (mostly missing subsystems and subobject issues; something also about the Erebus' null inertia). If any of these fudge the log let me know and I'll run a new one, but the second mission (the Kent race) was clean save for the weapon model bug so might be a good ref.

EDIT: Please disregard , Issue fixed by downloading latest nightly.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:50:38 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Have you tried using a recent nightly ?

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Have you tried using a recent nightly ?

Admittedly no. That fixed that one for me :yes:.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline yomi

Bit off topic, but... Is it just me, or Simms voice actress sounds a lot like Laura Prepon? (She playes Alex Vause in "Orange is new Black")

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I hadn't thought of that but I doubt our lesbian fans are going to complain because Laura Prepon is a global lesbian crush.

Not real bugs but...

1. the missile warning tone becomes annoying over time especially in long and intense missions like Aristeia or Delenda Est where like every 10 seconds something in fired on you.

2. also the sound of the blue beams makes me raise my eyebrows because it sounds so different to the sound of all other beams.

3. the color of the new BBlue and HBlue is darker and more intense than the color of the MBlue or the SBlue. It becomes obvious on the Bellerophon when it fires its pair of MBlue and BBlue together (I assume this is planned to be fixed (= to alter the MBlue and SBlue as well) in one of the upcoming releases).

On the positive side I can say that the voice acting is very well implanted and the new Erebus model just looks great.

Also my "Nr. 1-problem" (could´t see the Number "1" and the arrows which shows which guns and missiles I have select on the new HUD - I posted a thread about this a while ago) seem to have been fixed in one of the lastest versions. The radar still only works if I use the 3D radar icons. The old "dot radar" still stayes empty.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think we handled as much of this as we could! Thanks for posting.