Author Topic: Quiet Dialog in AoA  (Read 4587 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Anyone have an issue where there are no voices whatsoever in War in Heaven part 2? Part 1 worked just fine....

Act 3 (Tenebra) isn't voice acted yet.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline gloowa

Ok, sorry for thread necro, i know its a year later, but as there were more people with this issue and as latest stable release (3.7.4) still has the issue, i wanted to post the following:

1) The issue is NOT present in 3.8.0 RC3 (can't comment about any builds between 3.7.4 and 3.8.0 RC3, as i didn't test in them)

2) Possible sources  in 3.7.4:

2a) issue might be related to EFX effects. As far as i can tell, it only presents in dialogue lines which use EFX to enchance them. This may be completely wrong, as the only way i could "measure" that was to enable/disable EFX in 3.8.0 in launcher, launch mission and see if i can hear a difference in dialogue sound. It seems to affect Kassim lines the most? The peculiar thing is, disabling/enabling EFX has no effect on issue in 3.7.4, so i may be completely off here.

2b) issue might be related to Laporte's "thoughts" (i think BP uses training/instructor box for that?) - it might be subjective, but i think dialogue lines that came directly after one of those appearing where sometimes quiet.

2c) issue might be related to dialogue lines being interrupted with other dialogue - i think dialogues that cut off one of "generic" pilot lines were sometimes quiet.

3) As the issue seems to be resolved in 3.8.0, fell free to disregard and bury this thread :)
Adm. Petrarch: For your excellent record of confirmed kills, you reached status of Ace.
Laporte: Dude, WTH are you doing in Indus briefing room?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I feel I should say here about my problems, just for the sake of archivisation. I had a goddamn problem with some sounds, but the other way - when I was playing TBI, every single shot primary that the initial bomber wing landed at me resulted in a horrendously loud shockwave wash sound. I think it was related to these bombers carrying Morning Stars (IIRC they made a small shockwave on impact) and the bug was ultimately fixed by installing OpenAL Soft.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.