Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190439 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] SHATTERED STARS ACT 0 (DEMO)
Oh thanks. I'd rather love to see a HTL Shiamak in Shattered Stars, in addition to a HTL makeovers of Kismat, Arachnas, Armaros, Bryn, Harpy, Gorgon, Damini, Vinaashak, Ojas, and Amritaya.

And by the way, the UIMS/Cylons are still WiP though. At present, they are:

UIMS Winghead A type (Raider)
UIMS Winghead B type (Advanced Raider)
UIMS Twinhook C type (Heavy Raider)
UIMS Starhead (Basestar)

They are not FreeSpace Reunited related, though.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Oh thanks. I'd rather love to see a HTL Shiamak in Shattered Stars, in addition to a HTL makeovers of Kismat, Arachnas, Armaros, Bryn, Harpy, Gorgon, Damini, Vinaashak, Ojas, and Amritaya.

Actually, the Kismat, Arachnas, Armaros, Harpy and the Gorgon are already HTL by current quality standards. Of course there are higher detailed models, such as the Medusa from the MVPs, but they're already pretty good. I'd suggest you focus on the really old models.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Wow, the Nihlathak was NOT ready for distribution. Just a concept sketch really. I dont even think I made LODs for it. Didn't even know it existed off my hard drive.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:36:07 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

No debris either. I think a ship with Nihlathak rear and a Shiamak middle part would look good though.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I might get around to finishing it one day, after I've done my high-poly Tanen upgrade. That one is a legitimate work on progress.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Me too, mine on the SDn Sariel.

The setting is very clear. It is set thousands of years after the events of FreeSpace 2/Blue Planet.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Apart from the setting, do you have a proper mission outline? From what I've seen so far it seems to me that you changed the story with every new game/mod you play.

literally bryan if you can just release one finished mission you will smash your way into a whole new league of modding competence
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

literally bryan if you can just release one finished mission you will smash your way into a whole new league of modding competence

Bryan already released a 1-mission Demo for FS-Reunited, but that was everything that came out of it.

releasing another demo will still smash him into a new league, the leagues of modding competence are ordinal
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I knew it. But I'd like to showcase an update...
I've uploaded the WiP of the DeathBall A (Death Ball A or sometimes known as Death Ball or DeathBall) in use by the Unknown Intellectual Mechanised Species (UIMS), an enemy faction of Galaxian 3 and Starblade.
EDIT: This was a WIP version. When planning out stories for campaigns and demos, I always see it as a film that I run in my head, and I just keep running alternative versions of it until I come up with a cut I and others like.

This is not related to FreeSpace: Reunited.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'd save stockpiling assets until you have "reached a cut you like".
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Apart from the setting, do you have a proper mission outline? From what I've seen so far it seems to me that you changed the story with every new game/mod you play.
^This. If you don't even know what you want as core of your campaign (the missions), you can continue to produce (or start working on) assets for 10 years and don't go anywhere when the things you finish don't fit into your story anymore.

status

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
After a while, I decided to post an update. I have come up with at least three missions for Act 0 demo. The first mission, is set in the Capella system, around the Gamma Draconis node.

Many of you may recall the Sathanas juggernauts destroyed the Capella star in a supernova at the end of FS2. Now it's just a nebula, as the Blue Planet technical description about the Shivans explained.

When the Shivans respond to a fleeing Scorpion during a patrol with a cruiser, they are suddenly attacked by unknown hostiles. The attackers reveal themselves to be Fakers of the Unknown Intellectual Mechanized Species (UIMS).

Many of you remember the Faker fighters from Galaxian 3, Starblade (as Twinhook B type) and Star Ixiom of the UGSF series. Unlike the UGSF counterparts, I gave them shields and hitpoints, two primary banks, and one secondary bank. The models here are temporary placeholders, and a newer, higher poly version (along with the Twinhook A type) will be forthcoming eventually.

The second and third is set in the Gamma Draconis system.

EDIT: @Nightmare, I know what I am doing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:44:45 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
EDIT: @Nightmare, I know what I am doing.

The Community will be the judge of that.

R

Well, we'll See. ;)

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Will do. As always.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

bryan see do 6 missions demo or more

bryan see do 6 missions demo or more

I think it's a good sign that the Demo is shorter than 20 missions.

Out of interrest, do you have an aprox. number of missions for the whole thing or is that bound to change as well?