Author Topic: Lt. Polpolion Says...  (Read 15329 times)

Re: Lt. Polpolion Says...
Dividing your forces into units smaller than two ships is not recommendable. Lack of mutual support will soon result in your forces being divided into units smaller than one ship.
:lol:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I agree with Woolie. Although, no doubt they would be looking for some means to save the civilian population and a more effective way to fight the Shivans.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Victory goes to the side which makes the fewest mistakes. The objective is therefore to last long enough that the Shivans do something irrecoverably stupid.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Victory goes to the side which makes the fewest mistakes. The objective is therefore to last long enough that the Shivans do something irrecoverably stupid.
...like?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
wait wait you set the sathanas fleet to EXplode? i told you i wanted it to IMplode

screeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
...like?

Pick one: deployment, execution, communication.

There are always errors to make. It's a sign of a poor imagination you can't see them. :P

Admittedly, it's much more likely it'll be a cumulative buildup.

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
...I don't see how even any of that would be able to compromise the 80-Sath fleet.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
...I don't see how even any of that would be able to compromise the 80-Sath fleet.

Then I'll give you the classic example of blowing your numerical superiority to hell: Midway. By doling out its carrier and surface forces in penny packets to multiple operations in the same space of time, Combined Fleet failed to maintain superiority at the point of fire despite having vastly superior forces.

The 80-Sath fleet can make the same kind of mistakes and let itself be picked off in twos and threes by attempting to accomplish too much against a broad, and essentially irrelevant, GTVA front.

Again, lack of imagination. There are plenty of ways to screw up.

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

...and hope that you are still able to capitalize on it.

Doesn't matter if they self destruct 79 Sathanas juggernauts if all you have left is a single Triton :(

But yes, its the only sane thing to do.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
W.r.t. bomber obsolescence: Subspace missiles! Or... the tech description for the Vishnans' bombs suggests they may work by subspace-jumping an even bigger uber-bomb from the mothership into the target's hull, using the bomb you fire as a bomber as the endpoint. A cool variation... I'm not sure what the advantages of one over the other would be.

Also, some of the UEF gunships seem to basically fit the "revised-bomber" role.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hmm, 'revised bomber' yes. From what I'm allowed to divulge, in their current state, I don't think they'd be fit for strike bomber duties. Think of them as the P-47s of the UEF.